E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Upgrade options for my 2007 BMW 328xi

09-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
srazzaqi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Upgrade options for my 2007 BMW 328xi

Hi, I was wondering what sort of engine upgrades to do to get more power/torque out of my engine, I want a 335xi, but can\'t afford it so I want to upgrade my 328xi\'s engine, body, rims, etc. Please help
Thanks,
Bill Razzaqi
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg

Don't count on getting too much power out of our NA engine - forced induction (as you know) is the way to go on that.

There are a bunch of different options: from piggybacks to tunes. Most people with an N52 go with the BMS Powerbox (PBX) for better throttle response. Others run a ECU tunes such as Active Autowerke (AA) or ESS. You can also add an aftermarket exhaust/intake for better airflow and some hp gains. Either way, you won't get massive gains but you'll definitely get something. A better bet is also to rid yourself of the heavy runflats, get lighter wheels and perhaps look into a suspension setup. That will allow you to make better use of the power you already have and improve the driving dynamics.

Good luck!
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0