E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dinan stage 2 that I didn't know about

08-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Dinan stage 2 that I didn't know about

You may have read my recent post about my car stuttering at moments. Anyways, I took my car into the dealership and the techs wasn't able to find out what was running other a bad relay switch. The surprise was that the computer shows a Dinan stge 2. Now the SA and I agreed that most likely it has been removed ( I'm the second owner). But how cool would that be to buy a car and realized it was tuned the entire time. Oh well.
Let's just say if it was still there, how would I know?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i e92 AW MT

That's what happened to me. However the dinan was removed just like u and my car began having a variety of problems so they reinstalled the dinan that the previous owner had paid for and now the car runs great.

Just so you know dinan is sold
To a vin number meaning u can get it reinstalled anytime you want if ur vin is in their computer for a fee I believe.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
TxBeem
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
That's what happened to me. However the dinan was removed just like u and my car began having a variety of problems so they reinstalled the dinan that the previous owner had paid for and now the car runs great.

To a vin number meaning u can get it reinstalled anytime you want if ur vin is in their computer for a fee I believe.
Really?!!! I'll call them Monday and see what hey can do.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:

Are you sure? When I was talking about taking my S2 lease back, buddy at the dealership said that they could do a Dinan on a different car for a 50% of new cost. Sort of sounded like they'd deprogram the old car, and then cut you a "break" as a repeat customer. But I never confirmed, since they had nothing for the N55.

Quickest check to see if it's still in there is the exhaust. Both outlets will be on at idle (and you get more drone at idle). With the stock tune, one outlet goes shut until you get onto the throttle.

The legit check is install a boost gauge. Stock is typically 8PSI max, S2, 13PSI.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
BTTGMan
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe - space gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeem View Post
You may have read my recent post about my car stuttering at moments. Anyways, I took my car into the dealership and the techs wasn't able to find out what was running other a bad relay switch. The surprise was that the computer shows a Dinan stge 2. Now the SA and I agreed that most likely it has been removed ( I'm the second owner). But how cool would that be to buy a car and realized it was tuned the entire time. Oh well.
Let's just say if it was still there, how would I know?
Cool? I'd be pissed.

Congrats, some guy flogged the shit outta your car, and took out the fun stuff before you bought it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Quote:

Are you sure? When I was talking about taking my S2 lease back, buddy at the dealership said that they could do a Dinan on a different car for a 50% of new cost. Sort of sounded like they'd deprogram the old car, and then cut you a "break" as a repeat customer. But I never confirmed, since they had nothing for the N55.

Quickest check to see if it's still in there is the exhaust. Both outlets will be on at idle (and you get more drone at idle). With the stock tune, one outlet goes shut until you get onto the throttle.

The legit check is install a boost gauge. Stock is typically 8PSI max, S2, 13PSI.
I am sure this is what happened to me if you feel like reading more about it I have a post titled something like " dealer accidentally installed dinan" just search threads started by me.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
TxBeem
Captain
Rep

I'm calling Dinan on Monday but how should I approach this? My SA could not find the problem to my 335's stutter but he said that sometimes it could be the Dinan tune. However, I strongly believe it's not currently on the car.
SA said if it happens again he would like for me to contact Dinan also.
I would like to seeif Dinan can put back the S2 that the previous owner had on my car. Should I ask them to do that for me for a small fee? Or tell them about the car's prior fluttering problems that the techs can't find out the problem but the SA suggested it could be a Dinan tune problem? And hopefully Dinan will reinstall for nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
Rep

Just say previous owner had dinan the dealer removed it and now it's acting funny u want to know what u can do to get it put back on.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
Rep

Really the sa is the one that should be calling but at least ucan c what dinan says when u call. Don't bring up a fee let them.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
TxBeem
Captain
Rep

^^thanks!!!
Appreciate 0