E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Ottos BMW Ottawa Canada

05-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
anthony_h
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 6spd

Ottos BMW Ottawa Canada

Bought my 325i from there.

The salesmen were very nice. dealt with two of them.
They would not negotiate the price of the new model but that can be expected on a 06 325i.
I also met with the manager to finalize my sale. He was very nice aswel. He went over some protection packages that I can get but there was no pressure to buy and I chose not to go for them.

Overall, a good experience. They let me see the car before they unveiled it. they were still washing them wehn I got there.

looking forward to picking up my car!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
sergiodimarco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_h
Bought my 325i from there.

The salesmen were very nice. dealt with two of them.
They would not negotiate the price of the new model but that can be expected on a 06 325i.
I also met with the manager to finalize my sale. He was very nice aswel. He went over some protection packages that I can get but there was no pressure to buy and I chose not to go for them.

Overall, a good experience. They let me see the car before they unveiled it. they were still washing them wehn I got there.

looking forward to picking up my car!!
Hey Anthony, should have come to Montreal.
I got 1500 off msrp or rougly 3% from Laval BMW
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

I just had a rather unique test drive with Otto's BMW, and my salesman, Paul, was fantastic. As a matter of fact, everyone at the company, right up to the owner, has impressed me beyond words. Apparently Otto's was the first BMW dealership in Canada, and I can honestly say that they are still one of -- if not THE -- best. Great people, great attitudes, priorities where they should be. If you are in Ottawa, definitely deal with Otto's. I have no real complaints with Elite BMW, but Otto's just amaze me.

When I get a good deal on moving my Carrera, I will buy from Otto's if I can.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
com_mander
Rep
Drives: 325i sport package

Paul was my sales rep. and I found him excellent as well. Great test drives, low pressure. Very knowledgeable.

I found the service department a bit snotty though, when I took my car to have 3rd party (tire rack) winter tires/wheels installed. It's like they were annoyed that I didn't buy theirs.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
anthony_h
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 6spd

really? I didn't get that feeling when I brought my winter package from tirerack.
In fact, they were very helpfull in trying to fit bmw caps and stickers...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Gaels22
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 323i

Word of Caution

Otto's BMW in Ottawa has friendly sales people, but a word of caution when buying used BMW's from there. I purchased a 2000 BMW 323i (certified Series) and asked for full disclosure (is accidents and re-painting) and was assured that no such thing had happened to the vehicle. I purchased it and about 8 months later I went to get it waxed and buffed at Extreme Auto Care. The owner looked over my car and said " I can't buff this vehicle its got extensive damage to the roof". I said "what?" So the owner of Extreme showed me how there was no clearcoat on the roof in a certain area and that even in one spot there was no paint (in the groove around the roof and windows) just primer. I immediately called OTTO's and told them the situation. The sales person called me back and said "yes, the previous owner had a bike on the roof and when he went to park in his garage, the bike rack had gone through the rear left side of the roof" I was floored....I spoke with the Sales Manager and then the Owner of OTTO's.....it was a nightmare....after a personal chat with the owner...She refused to return my calls, I called BMW Canada and they started an investigation, I called the BBB and OMVIC. All in all, they eventually properly repaired the roof but never offered any compensation and eventually I got a letter from OTTO's lawyer saying that they would not do anything for me and to sue them.

VEHICLE:
Certified Series indicates that all the checks had to be completed and one of the checks is visual exterior damage and if one check fails then the vehicle is not certifiable. Mine when brought to another BMW dealer indicated that they would not have certified the car and that the car is probably worth about $5000 to $8000 dollars less than the purchase price.

As for disclosure: I had 2 people that witnessed my talk with the sales person and had heard my question dealing with accidents and re-painting

Initial Repair: OTTO's BMW could not even say they didn't know about the damage because they did the repairs on the vehicle from the initial owner.

What was said about initial repair job:

1. they used too much bondo (too thick) and that it would crack in a few years
2. didn't cover the primer totally with paint
3. no clear coat put over repair job
4. Quote from manager at body shop at OTTO's for the FREE repair " Wow, I can't believe we did this initially" hrrmmmm

OMVIC - we had a 3 way conference call and OTTO's representative refused to deal with the issue.

BBB - sent a letter to OTTO's and OTTO's reply was that the issue had been resolved.

Owner of OTTO's - after initial meeting, refused to return my calls (after she said she would get back to me after she spoke with BMW Canada re: Certified Series)

BMW CANADA - after a few exchanges on the phone and letters, BMW Canada indicated that they couldn't do anything for me and to deal with OTTO's

Lesson's Learned:

1. When buying a used car even from a reputable dealer, take the car to a professional mechanic and body shop to go over it with a fine tooth comb.
2. When signing the agreement to purchase the vehicle: have them put in writing that they are not aware of any accidents, damages and re-painting done on the vehicle. Therefore you can sue them if you find out otherwise.
3. BMW certified Series designation means nothing. Dealer indicates that all was checked and then BMW Canada signs off on the dealers quote to certify it. BMW Canada will not take any action against the dealership if misrepresented.

Good Luck All
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Bimmakid
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i,sp pckg,HK sys,cm ac

sup ya'll new kid on the block...I got a really good from downtown bmw in Toronto got $1850 discount on my 330! waiting for delivery sometime next month (june hopefully for my birthday)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
timber71
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Monaco Blue

Thumbs down Horrible E90 Purchase (Otto's in Ottawa)

I cannot imagine having a worse car purchase experience, than what happened with me at Otto's this past summer. I feel like they were almost fraudulent in their dealings with me.

First and foremost, I took delivery of my car on June 9th, however they dated all my financing and warranty paperwork for May 31st. When I questioned them on it, they said they would change everything and put a handwritten note on the paperwork to that effect. I shouldn't have trusted them because everything financing and warranty related I have received from BMW Canada has shown dates of May 31st.

Second, when I picked up the car, the hood stone chip protection shield wasn't even installed. I had to sit around for 4 hours while they took the car to a detailing shop to get it done.

STAY AWAY FROM OTTO'S!! I don't know anything about Elite BMW, but try them.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 05:06 AM   #9
FNV
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330xi

I've dealt with both and it's funny...I was impressed with sales from Elite...I had a horrible experience with sales at Ottos, however it's complete opposite with their service dept....I'm not too happy with Elite service...and I was thinking of taking it to Ottos.
After reading the above I'm not so sure anymore....all and all I think that all dealerships and customer service is getting worse and worse every year.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Abulia View Post
I just had a rather unique test drive with Otto's BMW, and my salesman, Paul, was fantastic. As a matter of fact, everyone at the company, right up to the owner, has impressed me beyond words. Apparently Otto's was the first BMW dealership in Canada, and I can honestly say that they are still one of -- if not THE -- best. Great people, great attitudes, priorities where they should be. If you are in Ottawa, definitely deal with Otto's. I have no real complaints with Elite BMW, but Otto's just amaze me.

When I get a good deal on moving my Carrera, I will buy from Otto's if I can.

What kind of discount did you get from ottos?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

otto's wants to charge me for a loaner, thirty bucks

i hear elite doesn't charge.
Appreciate 0