E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Chicago Perillo - No loaner for cosmetic damages?

04-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Chicago Perillo - No loaner for cosmetic damages?

I was involved in a minor accident. My rear bumper needs to be changed. Perillo BMW downtown says rear bumper replacement is going to take for around 4 days. They also say they will not provide a loaner since this is a cosmetic damage. By the way, I found out that Perillo has outsourced bodyworks to another company.

I will need a loaner. Do you have any recommendations - which dealers in Chicago provide loaners for 3-4 days worth body works?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Most dealers outsource their bodywork so you really dont have to go to the dealer to get this fixed.

There are many local bodyshops that can do the job for cheaper than what the dealer would charge. Unless your insurance is taking care of it and you dont care too much. In which case your insurance might provide you a rental car. But im 100% sure the dealer will not offer you a car for collision repair.

A&L Auto Body
847-991-5620
1979 W Dundee Rd
Palatine IL 60074

They work on many BMWs and offer great prices.
      04-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
horatiub
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I haven't heard of any dealer to give you a loaner for body work,unless you bought the car from them
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

most dealers only provide loaners for those who bought there car from that particular dealer....knauz i have found is the best period...sales is the best....service is the best....dammit everyone at knauz is sooo damn nice too!!!! i couldn't imagine a better sa or ca...my SA is a deadhead like me and we trade shows all the time and my CA has 6 bmws...6....he is a true bmw enthusiast!!!!! my parts guy gets me things perillo and fields say they cannot...my parts guy has an evo mr and an 05' competition m3 loaded with extras.....seriously they are awesome at knauz....i wouldn't even think about going anywhere else...even the sales and service managers are of high class and super friendly.....i used to have a quarell with the service manager and as things went on no grudges were held and all is well now...at most dealers that is impossible..once you don't get along with a particular guy there it never changes but at knauz we all got over it and talk like good friends now....THEY ARE THE BEST AROUND IN MY OPINION!!!!!!
________
Fuck xxx

Last edited by purplewidow; 03-29-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

If it's insurance related, they should pay for a rental while the car is in for repairs. If not and it's just the bumper, have the shop cut out a piece of the existing bumper for paint match and shoot the new bumper before you bring the car in. Then it will only be about an hour or so to swap the part out and you can wait for it.

Also, that shop that Crazy Bimmer mentioned does pretty good work.
Appreciate 0