E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dumb Dealer

04-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
335DOG
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Dumb Dealer

I just want to know what people think I should ask for from my dumb A$$ dealer. The problem started in January when I went to pickup my e90 335i from an un-named dealer in downtown Houston. They took it upon themselves to put on tints I didn’t even ask for and they charged me for it (I did get 50% discount for it.) Two weeks later I noticed the tints stated to get vertical scratches. Next, I noticed the dealer cut the outside rubber molding around the rear passenger window during tinting. I called up the SA to get the windows re-tined and get the molding replaced. Dropped off my car and came back that evening and they told me that they had to order the molding and they’ll call me when it comes in. No call for almost two weeks so I call and they said it’s in. I bring in the car to get the molding replaced and the driver side windows re-tinted for the 3rd time because they missed one corner of the window. 8 hours later they told me to pickup the car but tell me I have to make another appointment because they bent the chrome molding that runs along the bottom of the window and they have to order it. But the f%$ked up part is they but two dent on the door trying to remove the chrome molding. I talked with a PDR and they said the dings can’t be removed without going to a body shop. What should I do about this dealer? I’ve been to this dealer 4 times and they just fu@kup my car each time.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 04:27 AM   #2
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

i think you should take the matter either to the manager's attention and basically demand a car in immediate pristine condition, or for them to pay your car payments and give you a loaner until that happens. in the event they're uncooperative, i'd take this right over their head and go to bmwusa direct.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Call BMW-NA, multilpe times, and relay the story with vehement.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:36 AM   #4
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
is ther another kind of dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I know what dealer that is. Took my M3 there when I lived by Memorial Park. They were really good with me. Just sounds like they have a really crummy tint crew. Throw a polite hissy fit.
      04-05-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Document all communication, write a letter to the GM of the dealership and CC BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I would honestly try to get my money back and get the tints done at a good tint shop yourself.
      04-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #8
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
2 things, the Dealers treat our cars like cattle, and they outsource alot of stuff like that and your car can get screwed up there too. I had mine serviced only once, and it came back with scratches all over and ripples in the front bumper. Found out they wrecked the front bumper and patched it(outsourced to a body shop). I dont know if all the scratches came from them or the body shop, but after deny.deny and my threats to sue, they finally fixed everything. Stay on them!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #9
spesrf25
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav2flynow View Post
2 things, the Dealers treat our cars like cattle, and they outsource alot of stuff like that and your car can get screwed up there too. I had mine serviced only once, and it came back with scratches all over and ripples in the front bumper. Found out they wrecked the front bumper and patched it(outsourced to a body shop). I dont know if all the scratches came from them or the body shop, but after deny.deny and my threats to sue, they finally fixed everything. Stay on them!
Wow, now that's shady. Glad you were able to get it resolved.

BMW X5d (Ordered)
2007 335i Coupe (sold)

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spesrf25 View Post
Wow, now that's shady. Glad you were able to get it resolved.
Yea it was shady. The SA told me they are required to tell us if they damage our car...and that they did not do anything to my car. I told him I took it to a body shop and they confirmed it was patched(and a bad patch at that)... I thought he was gonna have a heartattack right there, he was so mad! Guess they thought they could slide that by me!:mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
335boosted2Dmax
Banned
Rep
Drives: Boosted

You live in Texas what do you expect, you got some hillbilly cowboy working on your car, come to NY and you won't have that problem........
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335boosted2Dmax View Post
You live in Texas what do you expect, you got some hillbilly cowboy working on your car, come to NY and you won't have that problem........
Them's fightin' words.

Long Island?

Hillbilly cowboy vs. crooked con.

Which is worse?

You just have to keep after the SA, write the letters, talk with the manager.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
335DOG
Private
Rep

Update. I droped off the car this morning and the service manager said they'll do everthing they can to make me happy but got a call 5 hours later and the SA said they have to keep the car overnite because they bent the new chrome molding and have to order a new one. I said no way since I didn't even get a loaner. I'm on my way to pickup the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
mlinkibikr
United_States
Rep
Drives: K1200RS

Sigh .. another potential dealer off my list. Are there anything other than clowns here in Houston to buy from? After hearing horror stories about the dealer on the SW Frwy, now I hear similar tales about downtown?

They should give you a 7 series and kiss your a** big time until they give you your car back in pristine shape. That is ridiculous treatment from a dealer who makes a good living off of expensive cars.

Dave.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #15
335DOG
Private
Rep

Update. Just picked up the car and they tried to rubout the dents but they look wavy since they are on the body line. They replaced the chrome molding but put a dent on it so they ordered another molding to be installed tomorrow. The service manager said that is the best they can do and his working on a refund for the tint. I have to bring the car back tomorrow morning. I told this to my firecracker wife and boy did she go ballistic. She called up the GM of the dealer and chewed his ears off. He went to the SA to see what was up and he came back mad as hell after talking to him. He found out exactly what was going on and something else that was incredible, he told my wife that it was the same tech working on the car every time it came in. Why would you let the same person work on the same issue if he is having all these problems? He said he’ll personally meet us tomorrow to figure something out for us and make sure we leave happy. I just hope it all goes well. One more thing, what is a fair request I can ask of from the dealer? A new M6 or a new M3 when it comes out? Hahaha just kidding.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #16
DanMardik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 INFINITI G37S

what a fucking nightmare!
      04-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
That's right you won't have a car long enough.
      04-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #18
abe2
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

It seems the dealer and the car will be a nightmare for as long as you have the car. I'd demand the dealer take the car back and get my $$$ back; if they give you trouble, give them the name of your lawyer. If you don't have a lawyer, get one and take care of this problem through that route.

The dealership has a lot to lose not only with the complaints to BMWNA but also because of the reality that they will have a used car with problems sitting on their lot which they will have to resell with the depreciation hit should you demand full reimbursement and your own costs for the pain they have caused you. Moreover, screw keeping the dealer anonymous, if they are screwing you, they deserve to have their name revealed so that everyone else here can avoid them; trust me, that bad press will kill them, and it is a good threat you can use.

As for talking to the management at the dealership, I bet that will get you nowhere because from all the other posts, it seems that the shady nature of the dealership is systemic so it probably comes from the management. This dealership is trying to fleece you and you can't let that happen. Unfortunately, even with a brand as good as BMW, when it comes to dealerships, even BMW dealerships, they can be filled with the stereotypical scum "used car salesmen" and you unfortunately found them. As far as actually PAYING for a tint that you didn't want, that is just bull because you didn't get a bargain (1/2 price) they basically coerced you to paying more, and they broke parts of the car to boot.

If I were you I'd be pissed; in fact I am pissed for you just reading your situation and I hope you stick it to the dealership. I wouldn't look at anyone there as being your friend, they gave you an option on your car you didn't want, the forced you to pay for it, and they broke your car by doing it and never were going to tell you; friends wouldn't do that to you, sleazy bastards that give BMW a bad name do...give them hell.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #19
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Sure.. you'll get Vinny DeLuca, a JAMF from Queens, who drives an '82 IROC (Italian Retard Out Cruising) Camaro.. but I suppose this is somehow a better alternative than that "hillbilly cowboy" down in Texas?
      04-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #20
dunit
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I ordered a 328i from this dealers Clear Lake dealership. When they attempted the make ready ,they scratched the trim by the side window,and had a chip and scratch in the paint. I had allready paid them for the car before I noticed these problems. I left without the car. When I called the sales manager the next day,he asked if I wanted my money back. I said yes,and I'm glad that I did. I Had much better luck at the Southwest freeway dealership. So far so good. I haven't been in for service yet.
I couldn't even get a test drive at the dealership on I 45 North.
Houston has some poor dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #21
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

this is why you need to get a car from reputable dealer...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #22
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
FWIW - the rear windows on the E90 scratch tint. Everyone has this problem. To those who think they don't have this problem, you either aren't raising and lowering your windows, or you aren't looking closely at your tint.

Also, I can't believe I'm turning into "one of those guys," but for some reason, every time I see someone refer online to their car's "tints," it drives me crazy now. It's not plural. Yes, I need to take a chill pill.