E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > FS: New Era Hats::.Hello Kitty::.Famous::.DC Shoes::.Yums::.& MORE!

06-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
FS: New Era Hats::.Hello Kitty::.Famous::.DC Shoes::.Yums::.& MORE!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey Guys, got some Fitteds for sale. Just listing a few, more to come.

I can get you virtually any style hat! PM me!!

Here's what I got in stock...more to come when I take actual pics...

DISNEY x NEW ERA x CHESHIRE - $30 - SOLD OUT
Sizes Available: 7 1/4 ; 7 3/8
Brand new with tags. Never worn.
Extremely Rare Hat!

DC SHOES x NEW ERA - $30
Sizes Available: 7 5/8

DC SHOES x NEW ERA - $30 - SOLD OUT
Sizes Available: 7 5/8

HELLO KITTY x NEW ERA - $30
Sizes Available: 7 1/8

YUMS x NEW ERA x SATIN SMILEY LIMITED - $30 - SOLD OUT
Sizes Available: 7 1/4

YUMS x NEW ERA x SHOOTING STAR - $30

NEW ERA x MUSICAL NOTES - $30
[

FAMOUS X NEW ERA - $30 - SOLD OUT

FAMES x NEW ERA x SMILEY FACE - $30
Sizes Available: 7 1/4 ; 7 3/8 ; 7 1/2
-->This is from Taeyang's "Only Look at Me" music video as shown below.
-->Brand new with tags. Never worn.
-->Features smiley face on the front in yellow and "Love&Peace" on the back.

Last edited by jasonn; 06-22-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
e90bmw99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i

[QUOTE=jasonn;9825396]Hey Guys, got some Fitteds for sale. Just listing a few, more to come.

YUMS x NEW ERA x SATIN SMILEY LIMITED - $30

YUMS x NEW ERA x SHOOTING STAR - $30

[IMG]http://i283.

$30 for a Chinese knock off? Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90bmw99 View Post
All New Era Hats are manufactured in China since 2010. My hats are manufactured in the same factories as New Era. In this sense, they are authentic. The pricing reflects designs which have had limited production runs.

If you are worried about sizing, I highly recommend you try on a custom New Era hat that was made in China at your local shop if you don't have one in your collection yet. I suggest you ask your local shop to let you try on a newer custom hat that was made in China in 2010 to see if the same size still works for you. All official New Era Retailers get their hats by the same source, New Era Cap Co. Therefore, we all get the same sizing.

Quality is guaranteed to be better than any eBay seller's--even the ones claiming "authenticity guaranteed".
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
e90bmw99
First Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=jasonn;9826092]
Quote:
So these are not authentic correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

Quote:
ive seen you take dumps in two people's threads now. you really that bored? give him a break man...

edit: granted op was a bit misleading in initial post, he cleared question up and you still badger him

Last edited by X1 Trojan; 06-15-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
e90bmw99
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Trojan View Post
Quote:
ive seen you take dumps in two people's threads now. you really that bored? give him a break man...

edit: granted op was a bit misleading in initial post, he cleared question up and you still badger him
Ha I'm helping you out. This is the second person trying to sell stuff they bought from china that anybody can buy for four times the value. These hats are $7, he's selling for $30. It's a scam.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ha I'm helping you out. This is the second person trying to sell stuff they bought from china that anybody can buy for four times the value. These hats are $7, he's selling for $30. It's a scam.
Thank you for your patronizing lesson on economies of scale. However, you failed to differentiate gradation.

When you find the right e9x for you (good luck with your search btw, and welcome to the e9x family if you do find the right vehicle), I'm sure you will want to look into some mods. You will quickly discover a saturated market with multiple substitute goods. Are all these substitute goods the same? Is one replica e90 Mtech 3D Lip identical to another? Surely all these replica bumpers..lips..are not all the same and have varying fit and quality. Yet they all originate overseas, either from China or Taiwan.

To further this parallel, any consumer can purchase any part directly from a factory or wholesaler. Without economies of scale...you will quickly find the cost of a single item + shipping to be quite large.

The cost of any item before it hits the shelf is actually very low. For example, consider a supplier of wild sockeye salmon name Abe. At the end of the day, Abe sells Brand Abe sockeye salmon from China for for $30 a piece wholesale but also sells his unbranded version for $20. A few miles south, also in China, supplier Babe supplies farmed salmon for $7 a piece. Most people purchase from Babe and sell it on eBay...claiming it's authentic Brand Abe sockeye salmon. One reseller, let's call him jasonn, sells sockeye salmon purchased from Abe. And let's say there is some guy, let's call him e90bmw99, without any interest in salmon at all, who shuffles in telling people that jasonn is in fact selling salmon from China and it's only $7 dollars a piece. But the reality, in this hypothetical scenario, .is that all salmon are sourced from China...and...Abe's salmon and Babe's salmon are different products.

Remember what they say about assumptions...

In summary, and to add a few points I had not mentioned:
  1. Anybody can purchase direct from a wholesaler, yes. Without economies of scale, it is neither practical nor cost-effective.
  2. Not all products manufactured in China are the same quality. This should be obvious enough...FoxConn, of Taiwan origin, but with factories in China, manufactures the iPhone 4. The white iPhone replica replacement parts are also manufactured in China. And of those white iPhone replica parts, there are varying grades of quality as well.
  3. Regarding the selling price, please consider product differentiation relative to quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #8
e90bmw99
First Lieutenant
Rep

Lol dude just don't sell them as authentic, I've ordered the fakes myself and yes everything is made in china so you really can't even tell unless you really inspect it. I just don't think it's right to advertise as them being authentic when we both know they aren't. Good luck with your gig.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol dude just don't sell them as authentic, I've ordered the fakes myself and yes everything is made in china so you really can't even tell unless you really inspect it. I just don't think it's right to advertise as them being authentic when we both know they aren't. Good luck with your gig.

Hats are produced in the same factories New Era Co employs. They are neither authentic in the most specific sense but certainly do not qualify as "fakes" either. For your consideration, I have provided an extended analogy regarding supplier gradation and also warned about assumptions. You either misread, misinterpreted, or ignored.

Authenticity Issue - Addressed Above and in Second Post
Price Issue - Economies of Scale
Assumptions - My Supplier is Not Your Supplier. My Cost is not your Cost. My Quality is not your Quality.

If you make accusations, please be certain. If they have no basis, it's pretty SMH. How would you feel if I were to accuse you of being some worthless troll: one who doesn't even own an e9x, with zero contributions to this community, simply threadcrapping to feel better about her own insubstantial life?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
e90bmw99
First Lieutenant
Rep

You're blatantly lying, they are not licensed hats just say it. I don't have time to read your 12 paragraph speech, truth is they aren't licensed hats and you're trying to sell them for the same price as licensed ones. I won't reply further, but like I said don't try to scam someone on a BMW site, and FYI I have an e90. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're blatantly lying, they are not licensed hats just say it. I don't have time to read your 12 paragraph speech, truth is they aren't licensed hats and you're trying to sell them for the same price as licensed ones. I won't reply further, but like I said don't try to scam someone on a BMW site, and FYI I have an e90. Thanks.

There has been no lies in any of my statements. I can price however I like. Almost all hats listed are limited and sold out sine 2008/2009. Check eBay...replica Cheshire hats go for $35+ and there is shipping--if you can even find them--and! the quality is not as good as mine are. As Mark stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Hey, just some basic guidelines to help keep this section as usable as possible for everyone.

1: Please respect sellers. Meaning if someone is selling an item, don't chime in with random comments about how their item sucks, or is overpriced, etc. If the item really is overvalued, etc, then the marketplace will correct that (ie. he won't be able to find a buyer). This does not mean you cannot bargain, by all means bargain for what you want, but this is different from trying to ruin a person's for sale thread.

Thanks!

Lastly, if you truly feel these way, why not go bash M3 Replica bumper vendors who price their reps similar to real M3 bumpers? Why even make M3 Rep bumpers? Because there is demand: real M3 bumpers won't fit e90s without significant modification.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
TTT
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
Misturrtinnie