E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > My (not so great) Accutint (Seattle) SODO experience.....

05-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My (not so great) Accutint Seattle SODO experience.....

UPDATE: Almost a month and nothing happened. I've started to believe they have no intention to resolve anything other than brushing me off every time I call. I guess I believed in them too much that got me burned. I'll try to resolve this in another way. I'll update this if they ever resolve my issue. Best of luck to you guys who still wants to do business with these unethical crooks. If you're a fellow MSFT'er, trust me and you'll be better off going with any other low profile tinters that probably do bad tints that they will re-tint instead of damaging your cars..

was pretty bad. I'll see if they would resolve my issue before I come to a conclusion.

After I got my car back, I noticed there is a long cut mark on the B-Pillar, so I was rather pissed and sad, but thought, no point loosing sleep over it and try to live with it.

Then I noticed my right passenger door window had a long scratch, so I thought, "how could these people still put on a scratched film!!", and then schedule a time to get tem to fix their mess.

Before I leave home this morning heading over to Accutint, I did a quick check just to make sure I tell them the scratch part. Guess what, it wasn't the film that is scratched, they pretty much scratched my windows!!! Long scratch across the window. Both edge of the scratch could be felt with my fingers and looks really bad and obvious especially under the sun.

Being a scratch anal person and a previous bad experience with windshield scratch, I've always noticed these stupid things on glasses and body paint. I am 100% sure the scratch wasn't there (of course I wish there's a way to document they weren't there!), including the B-Pillar. I am the only one ever drove the car and only had passengers in the back ONCE. Mind you, there were scratches on 3 windows but the other 2 were small and I can live with it.

So, I brought the car in and met Nick. He took a quick look and immediately disclaim liability. They said there's no way they could put a scratch on the window. He gave me 2 reasons:
1. It was there before - 100% sure it's not since I've inspected that window prior.
2. Someone lean on it and scratch it - maybe, but definitely unlikely since the car has never been to anywhere much except to work and home. My workplace garage spot is a single car spot and so is my home garage.
I also showed them the cut on the B-Pillar and they said it is most probably caused by the seat belt buckle flying back. If the bucket could make a cut on the fabirc, many would be suffering from cut bruises when using their seat belts, but either way I am not as sad as what they did to the window.

Then a tinter show up but I didn't get his name. He said they only user razor blade on windows and not a cutter. I am not sure anyone even know these, but BMW windows are ridiculously soft, I scratched my windshield so bad with only a scotch brite (rough side) sponge and never again I wipe the glasses with anything rough. I can't imagine what a razor blade with extreme sharp edge with pressure would do. Here's a phone picture of one of the scratch which looks like it was caused when they try to cut a curve for the film. I'll get some pictures during the day tomorrow.

By all means, I am not trying to falsely accuse them as I got better stuff to deal with than these but it is obvious they did caused damage to my car. I wasn't against the company but wasn't happy that they choose an amateur part time tinter to work on the car which obviously did not follow all the rules and regulation they put on him/her. To my surprise, Nick said it was the owner himself who tinted my car. I don't believe it, but if that is true, I don't know what to think about them (Autobody360 anybody?). I hope Nick was wrong or just saying that to disclaim liability and to infer that the owner never made any mistake.

So we talked a little bit more, and we try to see if we could polished it out. I would hate to have them replace the window if they could just fix it to a point that it wasn't that obvious. Nick tried polishing them but doesn't seem to help other than cleaning it up abit. Nick finally said they will see if they could do somehing about it and make some calls since the only way to repair is to replace the glass since the scratch can be felt with fingernails. He said even if they will take care of it, it will only be 1/2 the cost for the window replacement. It's already bad I paid good money and drove 30 miles to get them to tint my car based on the seemingly good reviews, there's no way I want to pay for their mistake. I will see what they come back with before I judge them inapproriately. Here's another pic of the other edge

Sorry for the long rant, but I am really disapointed that they try to disclaim liability. Props is the folks are nice, and I hope that's not all of it for Accutint (Autobody360 again??)

Last edited by BMXtreme; 08-27-2011 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
sorry to hear buddy.... Never done business with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thanks bapesta, sigh, I still can't believe it happened.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Here's a few better pics to drool over

Rear right window

Front right window - not too bad, but still scratched.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
kelvin2010
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E82 1M

Bellevue or Seattle?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #6
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin2010 View Post
Bellevue or Seattle?
SODO == Seattle
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

My experience with the Bellevue one was the same. They said the defrost lines were like that before, and told me they won't do anything. They also broke my third brake light and glued it back together But because I would blast my music, it broke apart. They replaced that... Accutint isn't that that great IMO. I've had good luck with Metropolitan Detail for tint.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345435

Last edited by m34SPD; 05-23-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
natelam
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i SG MT

hmm.... makes me rethink if I should go there
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'll give the benefit of the doubt for Accutint to resolve my issue. Face value, they don't seem shady, but we'll see. I did more thorough inspection and looks like most of the damages is on the right windows and left windows are hardly noticeable unless you check them inch by inch. Looks like they were in a rush when they got to the right side or there are 2 different tinters who worked on the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

Bro,

I feel bad for you. I thought I would be hooking us all up with a special package deal. Bad that your car turn out to have all kind of issues. My issue with the back windshield bubbles has been fixed by them. For me, they are very up and up and took care of all my needs. Did you get a chance to talk to Taylor at the shop?
2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon73 View Post
Bro,

I feel bad for you. I thought I would be hooking us all up with a special package deal. Bad that your car turn out to have all kind of issues. My issue with the back windshield bubbles has been fixed by them. For me, they are very up and up and took care of all my needs. Did you get a chance to talk to Taylor at the shop?
No worries David, I didn't met Taylor last Saturday. I'll see what they come back with. Nick said they will call me up either today or tomorrow but looks like not gonna happen today.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #12
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by natelam View Post
hmm.... makes me rethink if I should go there
I think I'm gonna reconsider and just swing by Metropolitan for an estimate. Was gonna book the tint with SODO to get done at the same time as my repair next door @ Metro Auto. Nate and Taylor were both helpful when I got my estimate 3 weeks ago.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #13
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

^ Tell John TJ referred you! Ben will take good care of your car!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #14
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattditutti View Post
^ Tell John TJ referred you! Ben will take good care of your car!
thx TJ

-alex

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Why dont you get Jesse from King 5? lol That sucks though. It seems like a lot of these shops you guys go to are pretty bad. First 360, then Accutint. I dont know where to go anymore when I do need things done! Metropolitan seems like the only place I haven't read negative things about.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Still no calls from them. Looks like I'll have to give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
ZetaSeattle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 xDrive28i

Had a tint done by them on a previous car and noticed scratches in one of the windows... They said sometimes the tint shows scratches from the glass and said it was there before. I know it wasn't but didn't feel like I had any recourse. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
AccutintSODO
Registered
Rep
Drives: tinted

For everyone's sake, I'm just going to make a video of tint installation on a window (not the whole car, to save time) and show you all that there is NOTHING in our process of tinting that would scratch, mark, mar, cut, scuff, break or damage your car.

We take great care to every car that enters our shop. There is a reason that we have been doing this successfully for over 10 years. It isn't a good business practice for us to damage any vehicle.

As BMXtreme mentioned and quoted Nate, "scratches are more visible after tint has been applied". We are not in the business of damaging cars. We don't scratch glass, cut defroster lines, slice interiors with razors, or anything like that. If an accident happens, it is just that and we take full responsibility for those that may occur. Maybe if you took as much time to inspect your used car before you purchased it (or as you have taken to post all this mess on this blog), you would see the flaws that were there before you got your windows tinted. Or, better yet, if you are so 'anal' about everything being perfect - Purchase a new car direct from the factory. If you purchase that car from BMW of Seattle, Phil Smart Mercedes, Ferrari, or a hand-full of other car dealers in the area, they will recommend that you take your car to Accutint-Sodo to get tinted, as we are their exclusive and preferred provider for window tint (as well as other services). We treat every vehicle with great concern to see that it gets the best service. We don't get to be their provider by scratching glass, or any of the other non-sense that has been posted here - with all due respect to legitimate complaints:-).

Good Day!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccutintSODO View Post
For everyone's sake, I'm just going to make a video of tint installation on a window (not the whole car, to save time) and show you all that there is NOTHING in our process of tinting that would scratch, mark, mar, cut, scuff, break or damage your car.

We take great care to every car that enters our shop. There is a reason that we have been doing this successfully for over 10 years. It isn't a good business practice for us to damage any vehicle.

As BMXtreme mentioned and quoted Nate, "scratches are more visible after tint has been applied". We are not in the business of damaging cars. We don't scratch glass, cut defroster lines, slice interiors with razors, or anything like that. If an accident happens, it is just that and we take full responsibility for those that may occur. Maybe if you took as much time to inspect your used car before you purchased it (or as you have taken to post all this mess on this blog), you would see the flaws that were there before you got your windows tinted. Or, better yet, if you are so 'anal' about everything being perfect - Purchase a new car direct from the factory. If you purchase that car from BMW of Seattle, Phil Smart Mercedes, Ferrari, or a hand-full of other car dealers in the area, they will recommend that you take your car to Accutint-Sodo to get tinted, as we are their exclusive and preferred provider for window tint (as well as other services). We treat every vehicle with great concern to see that it gets the best service. We don't get to be their provider by scratching glass, or any of the other non-sense that has been posted here - with all due respect to legitimate complaints:-).

Good Day!
Trust me, this post took me 10 minutes, and it took me 3 mths to find my used car and my used car has 5k miles, not 50k miles. It has paint scratches (heck, even brand new cars I bought have scratches), but defintely not on the windows. I didn't say you did it on purpose, but damages are damages, and most likely a mistake. Again, I don't have any advantages making bad remarks about you.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #20
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ

Garage List
Wow, I wouldn't bring my "USED" (albeit CPO) Bimmer to someone that suggests buying new to remedy a customer issue.
      05-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccutintSODO View Post

Good Day!
Honestly, it really doesn't matter if you show a video of putting on window film since your guys will be "extra" careful and not damage anything. There is a huge thread over at 6speedonline too with others having issues with Accutint.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #22
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/n...ml#post2942662
Appreciate 0