E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What project priorities would you want Team Vishnu to work on ?

05-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
What project priorities would you want Team Vishnu to work on ?

This thread is NOT for bashing/complaining. It is designed to focus our requests on what we the customers/users would ask Vishnu to focus on in what order.

I need to start this thread first by saying that I am a huge Vishnu supporter and customer. I am very impressed with my Procede, the power, the features, the integration of other bolt ons, support and R&D that goes into their products. I just think the product, team and company is great.

Team Vishnu is working on a seemingly endless amount of really cool projects that will benefit the platform's owners. PWM meth kit, DIC, autotuning, traction control, Nitrous integration (I think that is coming) and a fueling solution to the plagued HPFP in our cars.

From the luxury of my arm chair, it seems like there are too many conflicting high priority items for the team to work on all at once. The posting of their testing results of the beta products and potential products has fueled healthy (and unhealthy) debate that requires too much of Shiv and team's time to answer. The testing is great, positive, very cool and is creating product demand - I certainly am on the wait list for the PWM kit. It is also creating frustration due to the delays and lack of release date which is showing in the multitude of posts I have read.

This post is not meant as a criticism, but more of a constructive direction of what would would be the best use of time for the limited resources for Vishnu to benefit the most customers.

Here is my own list of priorities that I would like to see team Vishnu focus on:

1) Complete a production -"released" V5 firmware/maps for N54 and N55 (MT/AT) with DIC, Autotuning, traction control with the bugs worked out.

1a) With steering wheel buttons to access the control center. That would make 99% of the customers happy. (for European customers)

2) PWM Meth kit (N54) - If this requires a new firmware release or a beta BASED on a released V5 firmware AFTER #1 above - so be it. You are waiting for pumps anyway.

3) Fueling solution - this will require much more focus I would think - get some things off your plate. (moved this up from #4)

4) Nitrous integration - this was promised a year ago from what I have read. (moved this down from #3 to #4)

If I could recommend ANYTHING to team Vishnu..... I think the number 1 thing that I would want is:

An actual FIRM Due Date that we can take to the bank on the delivery of your products. Your reputation is taking a beating on this and I think it is solely based on you taking on too much and watering down your highly skilled team. Please don't say you will do something tomorrow if you will not deliver it. Just don't say it. The core product/firmware delivery road map should be posted on the website with the "cast in stone" delivery date for all to see and you to manage your projects to meet that due date - if this means that we wait until JUNE/JULY to get PWM meth... then so be it and Vishnu lives with the fall out from the delay. Standard project management methodology.

What would you all put as priorities?

(EDIT: 5/18: added steering wheel contols, moved Nitrous down to bottom)

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S

Last edited by DaFish; 05-18-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

to send me my fucking procede that ive been waiting a month for, that would be cool
      05-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

A COMPLETELY REVISED FUELING SYSTEM! You would be so rich that you could hire a team to work on each of the other products/projects.
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
to send me my fucking procede that ive been waiting a month for, that would be cool
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

you have valid points...

i'd say if I had one request.. it's that they not come up with #5 until they finish 1-4.

I'd rearrange 3 and 4... but a certain someone, who shall remain not so anonymously anonymous has been waiting for a lonnnng time for his nitrous solution.

I would argue that people would be a lot happier if they were given extensively safe release dates with little to no change of it being missed rather than the optimistic ones. Aka "the pwm kit will be shipping by august 1 at the latest". It's not just a vishnu issue though. Everyone in this business seems to have this problem (i.e., go see the updated vei gauge thread or any of the upgraded turbo threads or half the wheels subforum). Unless the part is in stock and not in demand, you wait for it... and for longer than you'd planned.

I will say that it gets better with time. I've had this car since feb of 2007. The mod bug wears off after a while. When it gets here, it gets here (granted it's a lot more painful when you have full deposits on everything, but that's the cost of being at the head of the line. )
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
tomtom11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

it would be cool if you could make the xi rear wheel drive with an option on and off. i know there is a fuse u can pull that does this but it like makes the windshield wipers go crazy or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
it would be cool if you could make the xi rear wheel drive with an option on and off. i know there is a fuse u can pull that does this but it like makes the windshield wipers go crazy or something.
Although this would be cool... this thread isn't a "new MOD request" thread. there is another thread one for that - that is Stickied I believe.

This thread is for current queue of work - what would you ask for first?

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Fixing the tune should have been the ONLY priority before taking on other projects. But hey I've only dealt with it for 7 months before I gave up!
      05-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

#1 without a doubt.

/thread
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I couldnt agree more with your post! I love my Procede and have endured alot of heardache and pain waiting for stuff to come out only to be pulled...I am still waiting for my speed limiter for the valet which I loved so much only to be taken away for a reason I still have no answer to...I also went ahead and purchased a nitrous kit after seeing Shiv post a nitrous integration teaser thread...I am out over a 1000 bucks and now its over a year and half and I still dont have it functional, well I do have a 1000 buck purge show and NO go kit!!! lol, even though today Shiv said it will be done but cannot give me a timeframe, so I have to wait some more again after year and half...I agree if he managed to debut things and new features as promised, his business would sky rocket even more...I have learned this through my own business that customers love when things are delivered as promised in a timely manner...In my line of business furniture retail it promotes so much future business for me from the referrals..I started to realize this that if you over promise, it can come back and haunt you...I had my fair share of this with special order that I promised delivery sooner than it was even delivered...Got so much lip from customer and it also ended my lead to another perspective client...Regardless if a product is better than the other, if a customer is not satisfied with their purchase whether it may be on delivery of the service or item, the likihood of a referral to another person decreases or a repeat purchase...Right now on my avenue we have three other stores all competing for the same business and customer relations has to be top priority, well at least I find it with my line of business...I am still working on making it better each day.

1..Nitrous integration (thats obvious! lol)
2. Procede steering wheel button...for those poor souls that can't access the command center in Europe
3..Speed limiter for the valet (you can set it to 0-100%) Its not functional

Other than that I love the Procede and the tune rocks with my car!

Last edited by cn555ic; 05-16-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

I would LOVE N55 X5 support so my Procede wouldn't be a paperweight anymore... I feel like i spent $995 on a tune that I used for 8 months on my 335xi. Upgraded to an N55 X5 and got left out in the cold as far as support.... I guess since i have the JB3 I shouldn't complain much, but I WOULD LOVE for my Procede to work on my X5... (I know I'm the small minority of X5 drivers who wants this). But anyway... That's my .02 cents

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #12
RR80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Conclude the months beta testing and release the non-beta map for both DIC and non-DIC.

I am also a huge Vishnu supporter, but just don't want to do the firmware and map update every month to keep my car running well. A doom fix for every bugs will be nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

If I was running marketing at a performance tuning company I wouldn't give ANYONE a release date, PERIOD, end of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
This thread is NOT for bashing/complaining. It is designed to focus our requests on what we the customers/users would ask Vishnu to focus on in what order.

I need to start this thread first by saying that I am a huge Vishnu supporter and customer. I am very impressed with my Procede, the power, the features, the integration of other bolt ons, support and R&D that goes into their products. I just think the product, team and company is great.

Team Vishnu is working on a seemingly endless amount of really cool projects that will benefit the platform's owners. PWM meth kit, DIC, autotuning, traction control, Nitrous integration (I think that is coming) and a fueling solution to the plagued HPFP in our cars.

From the luxury of my arm chair, it seems like there are too many conflicting high priority items for the team to work on all at once. The posting of their testing results of the beta products and potential products has fueled healthy (and unhealthy) debate that requires too much of Shiv and team's time to answer. The testing is great, positive, very cool and is creating product demand - I certainly am on the wait list for the PWM kit. It is also creating frustration due to the delays and lack of release date which is showing in the multitude of posts I have read.

This post is not meant as a criticism, but more of a constructive direction of what would would be the best use of time for the limited resources for Vishnu to benefit the most customers.

Here is my own list of priorities that I would like to see team Vishnu focus on:

1) Complete a production -"released" V5 firmware/maps for N54 and N55 (MT/AT) with DIC, Autotuning, traction control with the bugs worked out.

2) PWM Meth kit (N54) - If this requires a new firmware release or a beta BASED on a released V5 firmware AFTER #1 above - so be it. You are waiting for pumps anyway.

3) Nitrous integration - this was promised a year ago from what I have read.

4) Fueling solution - this will require much more focus I would think - get some things off your plate.

If I could recommend ANYTHING to team Vishnu..... I think the number 1 thing that I would want is:

An actual FIRM Due Date that we can take to the bank on the delivery of your products. Your reputation is taking a beating on this and I think it is solely based on you taking on too much and watering down your highly skilled team. Please don't say you will do something tomorrow if you will not deliver it. Just don't say it. The core product/firmware delivery road map should be posted on the website with the "cast in stone" delivery date for all to see and you to manage your projects to meet that due date - if this means that we wait until JUNE/JULY to get PWM meth... then so be it and Vishnu lives with the fall out from the delay. Standard project management methodology.

What would you all put as priorities?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #14
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
If I was running marketing at a performance tuning company I wouldn't give ANYONE a release date, PERIOD, end of discussion.
Yeah but what about your oil catch can thread...Have you found a resolve for the issue? Why would you even post a thread about it until you found a solution? I know your not selling it but its almost the same principles...forum members read what you have posted and waiting for a resolve but then the thread goes silent (birds chirping) while countless others hustle to sell their cans because they respect your analysis but then get stuck with their hands in their mouth with no solution..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #15
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Yeah but what about your oil catch can thread...Have you found a resolve for the issue? Why would you even post a thread about it until you found a solution? I know your not selling it but its almost the same principles...forum members read what you have posted and waiting for a resolve but then the thread goes silent (birds chirping) while countless others hustle to sell their cans because they respect your analysis but then get stuck with their hands in their mouth with no solution..
of course I did...I said my suggestion was to go back to stock pcv pipe which is what I'm running now...my OCC is up for sale...only three other ppl put their OCCs up for sale after that thread, where did you get that ppl were hustling trying to sell their cans? I also said that if time permits I'll try to hook up an exhaust based crankcase pressure evac kit which I already have in my hands but I'm waiting on a shipment to come in for the other exhaust pipe so I can run it dual mode and take advantage of both pipes...

Dude, I know you've been waiting on a feature from them forever and since it was promised to be delivered they should deliver it or state the reason why procede will not support and END of that discussion...

What're u on my back for now lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #16
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
of course I did...I said my suggestion was to go back to stock pcv pipe which is what I'm running now...my OCC is up for sale...only three other ppl put their OCCs up for sale after that thread, where did you get that ppl were hustling trying to sell their cans? I also said that if time permits I'll try to hook up an exhaust based crankcase pressure evac kit which I already have in my hands but I'm waiting on a shipment to come in for the other exhaust pipe so I can run it dual mode and take advantage of both pipes...

Dude, I know you've been waiting on a feature from them forever and since it was promised to be delivered they should deliver it or state the reason why procede will not support and END of that discussion...

What're u on my back for now lol
No, dzenno not on your back or getting on your case!..Just frustrated to the point that I guess I am not realizing what I posted...Sorry dude!
When I saw released date from your post, I had some fire in me!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Fuel FTW. After finalizing tune

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 05-16-2011 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
No, dzenno not on your back or getting on your case!..Just frustrated to the point that I guess I am not realizing what I posted...Sorry dude!
When I saw released date from your post, I had some fire in me!
but seriously, dead serious dude, i fucking hate nitrous...with passion...i'd sell that kit and get RBs man...i know this isn't what you want to hear and you probably don't care, just feel like I have to say it every time you mention it for some reason...at the same time i'd love to see your car run it and make some power with it given how much you've wanted to run it on your car but i'd hate to see that beautiful cabrio's engine go to shit
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

fueling ftw! once that's solved nitrous will be somewhat safer to run and I think shiv will be more inclined to release the feature...

but yeah, current bugs should be solved first definitely
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

I don't think it's as bad as it seems. To me it seems that there are different people at Vishnu dealing with the different projects. Except for Shiv of course... he's pretty much got his hands in everything.

I honestly don't mind the way they do things now. The current maps run perfectly on my car and it gives me more time to save up for each mod
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #21
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Great idea. Though if you can add a poll with the choices so you can get a head-count, I think THAT would be ideal.

While I feel for our two nitrous fans (CN555 in the US and R1000K in Europe) who were promised integration over a year ago and can see why they're frustrated, I wonder how many users in Europe have a car without cruise control? Again, if you're Shiv, and there are 10 guys in all of Europe who don't have cruise, compared to the 1000 plus customers (guessing...) around the world who do, do you really think it's worth their time to spend an hour coding steering wheel button stuff, or spend it on resolving fueling for everyone?

You'd find there are few priorities I think that would come after these two... I think that's the real reason nitrous and the cruise control buttons have sat all this time.

To get back to your "poll", #1 by a long shot, then 2, 4 and 3.

I'd be curious how the distribution of the poll would go. I'd bet that only 1/3 of Procede users use meth. Even that's optimistic I think. But I'm pulling numbers out of my... so who knows.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #22
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

i know my chargepipe + meth kit won't be here for another 3~4 weeks...i don't even remember when I sent payment for meth kit pre-order i'm sure they are working hard to get everything done...what else can we do really
Appreciate 0