E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Edmunds TMV is Misleading ??

03-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
MIKEHUNTSKI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Sparkling Graphite

Edmunds TMV is Misleading ??

I am realizing that Edmunds.com is not the place to go to determine that you got a good price for your car. They use this TMV price value that is inflated. You can get (in my experience) below their TMV without even trying! The site is not updated and says many important invoice numbers are "N/A".

I used Edmunds for placing my 335xi order by trying to guess invoice items for packages and other items that were marked as N/A.

Today I found a much better solution. ConsumerGuide Automotice is similar to Edmunds, but has complete up to date information. It even has 335xi pricing, HD Radio, Ipod, and all package invoice pricing also. I sure could have used this a couple weeks ago. I hope it helps someone.

Here is the link to the information.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...3-series-2.htm

Last edited by MIKEHUNTSKI; 03-21-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

I completely ignored the TMV. Who cares what everyone else is paying? Most consumers aren't well informed and don't have any idea what dealers are making on each sale. They think getting free carpet mats and a ket chain is a great deal.

I actually had someone come up to me and "brag" that they got their car for MSRP. No joke.
Appreciate 0