BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
2002 Tii
Private
Rep
Drives: Cooper S JCW

Put down deposit feel duped!

Went to Vista BMW in Ft. Lauderdale to purchase the 335 Coupe, gave the sales guy a $1000 deposit for June delivery.
After thinking about it for a day and seeing the Geneva pictures on the M3, called the guy back to cancel the 335 transaction and told him to keep the deposit for an M3.
I have not recieved anything in writing from the dealer to reflect the changes made and when I took my MINI in for service last week, I asked the sales guy about getting locked in at MSRP, his reply was "at this point we think the M3 will not arrive in our showrooms before 2008 the earliest and if the prices follow the M5 or M6 trend we will see huge mark ups."
Not too reassuring.....I have no clue in legality of placing a deposit and getting locked into a price or if the dealer refuses, the possibility of getting my deposit back and going to another dealer. Any information to clarify things would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
ajj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: dct e92 m3

completely legal..can charge market value. gentlemen's agreement doesn't mean crap these days..i suggest you get things in writing w/ manager's sig...I did!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Early adopters of most things pay a premium. be it cars, electronics, whatever...

I'm not that fussed about being "the first" to get something, but there are obviously a lot of people who are, else the dealer wouldn't be able to do it.

From the dealer's point of view, why would you sell something at cost to someone, if some mug is willing to pay you $5000+ more for the same item?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
Drew10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLuke View Post
Managers sig dont mean nothing.I had deposit with largest So-Cal dealer for #1 spot since 2006 and then manager and salesmen moved and new douchebag porch monkey manager told me i could keep #1 spot but MRSP was not going to happen and that i would have to pay markup.I told him he could stuff the contract up his daughters #*#*# and nearly came to blows with him and two of his burrito boy salesdonkeys.Luckily girlfriend got me out of there before somebody ended up with a broken neck.Shopped around So-Cal but nobody wants to give MRSP and i know that 1st yr production is going to be huge markup.So will wait for 2nd yr production and DSG or try to get on waiting list for 2009 R10,now thats a car i dont mind paying $5000 markup for.
^^^Nice image of what you wanted him to do to his daughter and racist slurs too . I'm not surprised your girl had to save your ass.
I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you keep your misogyny and racist slurs to yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Drew10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Quote:
And i would appreciate it if you would keep your limey ****** mouth shut before i fly over and give you the same beating your "daddy" used to give you before raping your ass.By the way gaylord it was the salesmen who got saved, my Muay Thai record 25-0-0 with 15 knockouts,MMA record 5-0-0.
You're not going to scare anyone with your e-tough guy threats.
The more you open your mouth, the more you prove that you can not be described in any way, shape or form as being intelligent. The filth that you have spewed in this thread is more of a reflection of the sorry life you have led. Don't try to project your abusive childhood onto other people. Show that you have some level of intelligence and shut the hell up.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I'm glad I don't live in Cali. I am locked in at MSRP in PA/NJ.

If I lived in Cali, I'd start calling out of state and checking dealers in neighboring states. I'd drive a few hours to save a few $1000.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

first off your deposit should be fully refundable.

more importantly however, its not southern california that's the problem. i know this because i live there. the problem is unsavvy shopping. there are plenty of dealers in southern california who are taking reservations at MSRP. some in california are going below MSRP. you just have to know where to look.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
TheDreamer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Scion Tc

Quote:
my Muay Thai record 25-0-0 with 15 knockouts,MMA record 5-0-0.
Great. Now tell someone who cares. Who the hell comes onto a car enthusiast forum and threatens people and then bandys racist slurs. It's a forum about cars. Get over yourself.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post

If I lived in Cali, I'd start calling out of state and checking dealers in neighboring states. I'd drive a few hours to save a few $1000.
I would do the same...it'll even rack in the miles to get down with break-in

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
Great. Now tell someone who cares. Who the hell comes onto a car enthusiast forum and threatens people and then bandys racist slurs. It's a forum about cars. Get over yourself.
+1
seriously, whats to gain by all this

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Name me one dealer in S0-Cal who will sell you a 2008 M3 below MSRP and i will buy 3 cars and make $20,000 profit selling the other two.Esquire dont talk out of your ass.Even MSRP here in So-Cal is going to be reneged once the car hits production,signed contract or not.Below MRSP,dream on son.

LOL what a loser...i love people who come on forums and try and talk shit...lol thats why e90 post is such a great place. This would be why im addicted to this place. Oh the drama
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #12
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Well your sister seemed to care when my Bull Mastive was banging her up the ass *****.
All you fucking *****s,beaners,ching chongs,7-11 indians,muslim cocksuckers if you stool samplers think you ethnicitys are so great go back to your shit hole 3rdworld flea bag shiet holes and live there.Instead you douchebags all want to live in USA and always complain about being treated like a bitch and about how your home country is so great.
Pigeons wont even fly over your home countrys because theres nothing down there worth a shit.
Go ahead moderators ban me from your pussy ****** forum.
      04-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
EMC
rallyroad.net
Rep
Drives: G80x,E90 M3,LTW M3,MCoupe,etc

Quote:
Well your sister seemed to care when my Bull Mastive was banging her up the ass *****.
All you fucking *****s,beaners,ching chongs,7-11 indians,muslim cocksuckers if you stool samplers think you ethnicitys are so great go back to your shit hole 3rdworld flea bag shiet holes and live there.Instead you douchebags all want to live in USA and always complain about being treated like a bitch and about how your home country is so great.
Pigeons wont even fly over your home countrys because theres nothing down there worth a shit.
Yes Moderators. Please give him what he wants and ban his ignorant 115 pound ass.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

I am not an American but love America and what it stands for. When I last looked at history I found that your great nation was build on the backs of immigrants from all over the world, often simple oppressed people looking for a better place for themselves and their families.
      04-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #15
2002 Tii
Private
Rep
Drives: Cooper S JCW

ok, let me give a little up date for those who are interested and hopefully put an end to some irrelevent and insane comments; after exchanging some emails I finally got my deposit back. I am not going to accuse anyone of anything especially since there are too many stories about waiting list policies. The cynical voice in me thinks that some dealers especially those in hot markets like S Florida or LA...will not accept creating a waiting list with the price being locked at MSRP, they know they can get high dealer mark ups, according to the people working there they got as much as $30,000 over sticker on the M5 & M6! I myself paid $4,000 mark up for a JCW Mini back in 2004 to Alexander Mini in L.A., Had I been patient enough to order the same car through a dealer in a midwest state I would have saved a lot of money.
Fotunately all dealers are not in "hot markets" and will accept to lock the price at MSRP, case and point a dealer in Jacksonville Florida. But,
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Moderators

Hey moderators where are ya? Ban this offensive jerk and get rid of his offensive comments. Sheesh, I have been edited for good strong arguments on topic about the M3....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #17
poshracer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i on 19" HREs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post

Although buying out of Cali is an option, with tax and license for a car bought out of state you will be saving about FREE.99

Your best bet is to shop around in Cali, and let each dealer you talk to know that you are shopping around.
      04-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #18
kyotousa
Banned
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

Quote:
are you a transvestite?? they seem to have issues....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #19
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Is there any way to tell if someone has in fact been banned? I mean other then 0 posts/threads? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:40 AM   #20
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Name me one dealer in S0-Cal who will sell you a 2008 M3 below MSRP and i will buy 3 cars and make $20,000 profit selling the other two.Esquire dont talk out of your ass.Even MSRP here in So-Cal is going to be reneged once the car hits production,signed contract or not.Below MRSP,dream on son.

remind me again? who are you? your comment was completely out of line. don't bother spouting off your inane ramblings in my direction with your over-agressive, under-informed, half-witted nonsense. if you do enough business with any dealer, they'll give you even their newest cars under msrp. but of course, that's something i'm sure you know nothing about. now do yourself a favor and grab your tampon and some midol, you'll feel better.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:42 AM   #21
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

ban this douche.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #22
BevoRules
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

i haven't been to Caly in a few years but if this guy is an example of the recent population there then i think it will be a while longer before i go back...wow, just wow.
Appreciate 0