E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede v5 installed - clutch slip?

04-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Procede v5 installed - clutch slip?

Hello,

i just installed procede v5. i hit one of the steering wheel stalks by accident, and sometimes in 6th gear when i go WOT, the rpms jumsp without making power. it feels like the clutch is slipping but i don't smell the clutch burning. i hit the stalk again, and it it won't do it for the time being, but sometimes out of no where during wot it would do it again?

anyone have any idea what it could be?

i also read that you should be unplugging the battery everytime you install/reinstall the procede or else it would log a tuner code within the DME that is hard to reset, is thsi true?

any help is appreciated.
      04-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
Hello,

i just installed procede v5. i hit one of the steering wheel stalks by accident, and sometimes in 6th gear when i go WOT, the rpms jumsp without making power. it feels like the clutch is slipping but i don't smell the clutch burning. i hit the stalk again, and it it won't do it for the time being, but sometimes out of no where during wot it would do it again?

anyone have any idea what it could be?

i also read that you should be unplugging the battery everytime you install/reinstall the procede or else it would log a tuner code within the DME that is hard to reset, is thsi true?

any help is appreciated.
What you are describing (RPM increasing with little acceleration at WOT) is definitely clutch slippage. And it's most likely to happen in a higher gear and at a low RPM. And you won't smell clutch unless you make it slip for prolonged periods of time (several seconds). You can either run a lower hp setting (drop initial boost value) or upgrade your clutch

Also, you don't need to unplug the battery every time to install/reinstall the Procede. You can simply reset the DME and clear all codes/reset adaptations through the Procede's command center which takes just a few seconds.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Thank you Shiv. so does this mean my clutch is done or can i drive with this clutch for a bit longer and maybe lower the boost value (what you mean is "start boost %" right??). I installed the v5 and left the default settings for a stock car, and this is too much?! lol i even lowered maximum boost to 14.

it is probably not performance oriented enough to handle the mighty procede v5 my car is at 77k kms on the first clutch.

fyi - I just recently had the dealership warranty a brand new manual transmission...apparently it wouldn't stop leaking oil so they replaced it. i had v4 before then and never any slippage. now that i got my car back, i was excited to put my v5, and once i did it would slip on 6th gear only and a few times in 3rd gear. I wonder if it has anything to do with the job they have done or is it really time to get a new clutch?!

thanks,

Last edited by 3coupe; 04-07-2011 at 02:33 AM..
Appreciate 0