E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HPFP replacement with JB+

04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

HPFP replacement with JB+

Hey guys and gals.

Today I brought my 2007 e92 335i to the dealership cause my brakes keep making noise and they have replaced it once and still making noise and I was tired of them.
Like usual I see the advisor and explain the issue. Once in the office he tells me my car has not gotten the HPFP recall and programing done yet. I mentioned that I have not had any problem and that I did have the time today. The main reason I said that cause I had the JB+ still installed and didn't want them to notice, also a afe slip on filter. Well I was not worried about the filter but I was about the JB+. Well he said ok just bring back in and they would take care of the recall items. Fine by me. Well during lunch they call and said that they aren't able to find any issues with the brakes and that they went ahead and started on the HPFP replacement and that they would do the programing later this week. In my head was like damn the JB+ but I said ok.
Well 2 hours later I get another phone call saying its done and ready for pick-up. I was ok be right over. Get there and they hand me the keys and tell everything is good. I asked about the HPFP part # and I got part# 13-51-7616-446. Which is the latest. The shop forman showed up and ask to go to a test drive with me to double check the brake complains. Well lucky me during the drive he noticed the issues and he said they can address it tmr if I can bring it in and also complete the programing. Well soon as I left the dealership I pull over to see if the JB+ was still there and it was. Surprised they didn't say anything. I thinking I should remove it before the programing tmr.

What do you guys think happened, cause I'm sure they removed the airbox to do the pump and would have seen the JB+.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

Last time I checked dealerships want to make money...they can't charge BMW for a fix if they deny a warranty claim...
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Well that was the first time I brought in with engine mods. But everything time I bring it in they never say anything about all the mods. Lowering springs, rims, exhaust, aFe intake. Well let's hope it stay that way. Hats off to StevensCreek BMW.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
TwinSnails
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i, X5 G05

I think they just overlooked it. I dunno if they can tell that you have the JB+ on the car unless they see it physically.
      04-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
gboop
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

I don't get why you took the risk though?
It takes under 5 minutes to remove the JB+.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

+1

I dont understand why you would drive within miles of a dealership with mods on.
Appreciate 0