E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Going from Dinan Stage 2 to no Dinan in preparation for Procede

03-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Going from Dinan Stage 2 to no Dinan in preparation for Procede

I just thought I would share my experiences with NO Dinan Stage2

I have had Dinan Stage 2 for 3 years now. I am out of warranty, so now I am going to the next stage... procede, DCI, Meth, DPs, FMIC... that is happening in 2 days.

In preparation for this, I had the Dinan Stage 2 taken out.

The car is definitely slower, pulls less hard, BUT there is a much smoother/less turbo lag. It is much smoother with no Dinan, I have less vibration... Dinan did introduce some vibration/roughness to the engine.

The Dinan introduced much more turbo lag, or the power just came on harder all of a sudden with Dinan.

Torque is definitely reduced.

Torque and HP is not reduced as much as I thought it would be. The stock car has more power than I thought. At High RPM, I don't notice any difference with Dinan removed - like 5.5k and above

It cost me $150 to REMOVE the Dinan. They estimated 2-3 hours at $133/hour to do this, but it only took just over an hour.

Anyway, I thought I would just reflect what I have experienced.

I can't wait to go to the next level !!

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

You are going to love Procede. I've never been in a car with a Dinan tune, but the car is completely differant with the Procede vs. stock. I find it just as smooth, if not better than stock. The ability to switch maps with the cruise stalk and change gauges is awesome. I can't wait for the DIC maps to go non-beta!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
You are going to love Procede. I've never been in a car with a Dinan tune, but the car is completely differant with the Procede vs. stock. I find it just as smooth, if not better than stock. The ability to switch maps with the cruise stalk and change gauges is awesome. I can't wait for the DIC maps to go non-beta!
I actually can't believe how much smoother the turbos are without the Dinan. It is just like they describe the car stock, almost imperceptable turbo lag. With the Dinan it would "hit" at about 2k - noticably.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

do you have the Procede installed yet? make sure to let it warm up for full boost. You can double click the warning lights once and you'll get the boost guage where you fuel guage is. I think there are four guage settings, you cycle through by double clicking the flashers. It's nice to be able to see your boost.
Appreciate 0