2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes no COMFORT setting - question

03-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
O.S.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi Msport

no COMFORT setting - question

I got my 535xi with M-sport executive and technology packages.

my salesperson wants to convince me that when you switch modes the suspension changes its behavior. I did not get the dynamic handling package though
well .. there are three points
-when selecting modes I only have Normal, Sport and Sport+
-When setting the parameters for the different modes I CAN set the switch to affect the drive train AND suspension
-I don't feel any change in suspension response though

so I am quite certain I do not have adaptive drive and dynamic handling. I just want to make sure since I want to buy springs to drop my car. gotta me the right choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
What is confusing you and many others is that:
1: The toggle switch looks the same.
2. In I-Drive it's showing that chassis is being adjusted when you pick sport mode. This is actually partially true in that the steering/throttle/tranny is different (but from the picture that turns orange, it looks like it's the whole car). Blame the parts bin on that one.
You are not the first person to be confused by this.What you have is the sport automatic (2TB). Alone, it will ONLY change the transmission shift points,throttle response and steering feedback, but it doesn't do anything to suspension. Only cars with Dynamic Handeling Package (ZDH) can do this, through DDC (dynamic damper control) and ARS (active roll stabilization). Additionally it will have a comfort mode in addition to normal,sport and sport+.
      03-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
O.S.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi Msport

thanks bud. that's what I thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Intersting that in Canada, M Sport does not include DHP.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
xero200
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i

I just purchased my used F10 535i without the DHP and would like to know if I missed out a whole lot since the car was a good deal. I'm looking at putting on 20' rims and lowering it with H&R, but the wheel sales guy was telling me that putting on the 20' rims would already put the car pretty low. Any thoughts and pics of your ride without the lowering with 20' rims?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

O.S. and Gatoman39: I think in Canada we get dynamic damper control standard with the sport package BUT don't get the handling package. I do feel a little bit of a firmer chassis when toggle between modes but that could be in my head sec I never tried one with DHP.

Xero200: the wheel size has nothing to do with how the distance between wheel and well will change since you maintain same aspects by changing tire size to accommodate for spin differential so that your odo reading is correct. So yes you will need to drop the car if that's what you want. I am waiting for H&Rs too.
Appreciate 0