E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Bubble in the Factory Pipeline?

02-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Bubble in the Factory Pipeline?

I have a car on order (3587xxx) with the USB iPod option, and the car went into production earlier this week! Of course, the USB iPod isn't available until March production, and according to the nice BMWNA rep, that option shows as "blocked" on my vehicle inquiry report.

It seems like there must be a lot of March-build cars, and the factory must have decided to pull a few ahead of their scheduled build time. Do you think that's what happened? My car's color is blue, by the way.
-Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
c56250
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyu View Post
I have a car on order (3587xxx) with the USB iPod option, and the car went into production earlier this week! Of course, the USB iPod isn't available until March production, and according to the nice BMWNA rep, that option shows as "blocked" on my vehicle inquiry report.

It seems like there must be a lot of March-build cars, and the factory must have decided to pull a few ahead of their scheduled build time. Do you think that's what happened? My car's color is blue, by the way.
-Mike
Interesting. I requested wk 11 poduction only to find out that the car will be completed next Monday (358XXX). I don't have any high expectation on getting the updated Nav though (if you ordered new ipod thing, it should be incorporated for sure).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c56250 View Post
Interesting. I requested wk 11 poduction only to find out that the car will be completed next Monday (358XXX). I don't have any high expectation on getting the updated Nav though (if you ordered new ipod thing, it should be incorporated for sure).
Well, all signs point to the rule about March changes being unchanged, which means that if your car is not built in March, then you don't get the changes. My iPod option is definitely gone. Not that I'm complaining; I wanted to delete it anyway. I am just curious about how this move-up happened.

-Mike
Appreciate 0