E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > orion v2 wiring question. Help!!

01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

orion v2 wiring question. Help!!

i just bought this kit from umnitza and read thru lots of installation guide regard this kit but all are about how to bake the headlight and mount the ring, after the mounting of the ring the problem is how to wire this kit and i read that most people just wire it to the original AE plug, but thats on e60.

this is what i think on my e92, there are three wire on the AE plug, could i just cut them off the plug and solder it with the two wire from the orion v2 ring. anyone thinks this will work? or do you have any advise about this? plans to do the installation on this weekend and will post a DIY thread after. thanks!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by qclik; 01-19-2011 at 01:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i coupe

depends on how the rings are assembled. if the leds are in parallel then you dont want to hook it up directly to the 12 volts from the AE. i believe the kit should have some with a constant currently power supply for each side. From there you would plug in the oem plug and then the output goes the to rings.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLerd View Post
depends on how the rings are assembled. if the leds are in parallel then you dont want to hook it up directly to the 12 volts from the AE. i believe the kit should have some with a constant currently power supply for each side. From there you would plug in the oem plug and then the output goes the to rings.
thanks for the advice

those two wire are from the white box that connecting two AE ring. i read on other forum that someone just connect those with the AE plug from headlight but thats on e60 which the plug is different and easier to tap with the wire from the ring. but the e92 plug is way bigger.

or could i solder the wire to the plug of the angel eye bulb, then plug that into the car's AE plug

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by qclik; 01-19-2011 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

hey OP what was the cost of these LEDS?......and from where did you get them?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

i got those from umnitza and cost 245. i think those are the same ring that used by oss
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep

yeah you can just solider it on to the driver but i think you might get errors as the loads will be off. You can either add resistors or code it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiie View Post
hey OP what was the cost of these LEDS?......and from where did you get them?

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-predator-...te-p-5680.html
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
thats it, they also get the color changing with remote one.
and i kind of figure out how to wire it, just need to wait for a long weekend and do the installation
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
thats it, they also get the color changing with remote one.
and i kind of figure out how to wire it, just need to wait for a long weekend and do the installation
snap some pictures of the install would you. im really curious how these are going to get mounted. i was debating this over the ones from bavx since the bavx has the mounts ready to secure in the oem points. BTW where are you located?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #10
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
snap some pictures of the install would you. im really curious how these are going to get mounted. i was debating this over the ones from bavx since the bavx has the mounts ready to secure in the oem points. BTW where are you located?
im in seattle. the v2 need to be glued to the oem AE's ring, i was thinking about the bavx too, but its more expensive than v2. if you don't bother by $100 more expensive, i would suggest you to buy it from bavx, cause i don't get any helpful answer for my installation question. i will make a DIY thread after i installed it maybe 2-3 weeks later cause i'm waiting on a free long weekend to do it. btw i got the file on how to installed it, if you want pm me.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
murphE92
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
im in seattle. the v2 need to be glued to the oem AE's ring, i was thinking about the bavx too, but its more expensive than v2. if you don't bother by $100 more expensive, i would suggest you to buy it from bavx, cause i don't get any helpful answer for my installation question. i will make a DIY thread after i installed it maybe 2-3 weeks later cause i'm waiting on a free long weekend to do it. btw i got the file on how to installed it, if you want pm me.
I know I'm bringing this up from the depths of e90post but qclik do you still have that installation file?? I tried pming you first but your inbox is full...I'm about to do this over the next week or so and looking for all the info I can get. I'm in seattle too btw...you still got your e92? TIA
Appreciate 0