XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

11-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
kenneth 1984
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 DINAN X5 50i M Sport

WANTED: 20inch wheels

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have a 2011 50i with the MPackage. I'm looking for an extra set of wheels for the winter that i can put snow tires on and use for trips up to the mountains. Does anyone have any for sale and or any suggestions? I want to do a square set up for the winter configuration and Tirerack.com has tires that will work but they don't offer rims that will fit the x5 set up. Apparently even though i want to go square the X5 is set up so that the diameter of the center caps varies between the rear and front of the car so you need to get rims that fit the staggered setup. Anyone have any suggestions at all? I'd especially like to find a set of black rims.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

First, there isn't any difference between the front and rear hubs - the 19's I have can be rotated and fit both front and back just fine, with the 20's, the only difference is the offset and width of the wheels. Only issue I have heard is that the hub diameter differs from the X5 to X6. Any X5 wheels I lookup that are not staggered only list one part number for both front and rear.

You can get black style 214 reps on ebay and set that up for your winter tires - most of the sellers will sell you 4 fronts instead of the staggered setup if you want to go that way, or a set of OEM 19's would work well off a premium or base model as they are a non staggered setup. These guys sell refurbs, I got a set and they where a good price for OEM refurbs http://wheelsandcaps.com/catalog.asp...l=X5&year=2008

Your other choice would be to do 19's as that will give you a lot more selection, you can do a 3.5i premium as your X5 and get the 19" packages that will fit your 50i
Appreciate 0