BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

trying to keep my stealership from ruining my M3 dream

Okay... I am #1 at my dealership and they romised me that I will get the car in MSRP if I do not go to another dealership (i pretended to go to bobsmith or something cuz i live right by there) but people say you need the msrp promise in writing... would a fax be enough with the signature of the seller and the sales manager be enough ro do i need to get it in writing... cuz the fax would be like the copy of the writing.

I know this sounds retarded but i really want to make sure nothing goes wrong... i am really waiting for teh car.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
I know this sounds retarded but i really want to make sure nothing goes wrong... i am really waiting for teh car.
Man it does sound retarded. If you do not know how to engage in a contract for a car you shouldn't be buying it. Also, like I posted before, watch out for Irvine BMW they mark up over MSRP large amounts and do it consistently because (apparently) suckers in OC will pay it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #3
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Man it does sound retarded. If you do not know how to engage in a contract for a car you shouldn't be buying it. Also, like I posted before, watch out for Irvine BMW they mark up over MSRP large amounts and do it consistently because (apparently) suckers in OC will pay it.
lol u not gonna give advice just diss? besides blasting irvine tell me on how the contract should be made...
they say they will make the deposits official wen they hear about prodcution chain starting... my friend there is holding my deposit check and will cash it when they "officially" start the list
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
lol u not gonna give advice just diss? besides blasting irvine tell me on how the contract should be made...
they say they will make the deposits official wen they hear about prodcution chain starting... my friend there is holding my deposit check and will cash it when they "officially" start the list
There should be some paperwork that goes along with your waiting list deposit. If it doesn't say it should be for msrp just have them write it and have it signed by your CA then get a copy. Is there really a guarantee for this I mean a dealership is entitled to charge whatever they want, you don't have to do business with them. That's how it goes in the United States.

You just have to know what's up with your dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
There should be some paperwork that goes along with your waiting list deposit. If it doesn't say it should be for msrp just have them write it and have it signed by your CA then get a copy. Is there really a guarantee for this I mean a dealership is entitled to charge whatever they want, you don't have to do business with them. That's how it goes in the United States.

good thats wat my dealer said... i was just double checking
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

Your fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat View Post
Your fine.
I just put down a deposit and received a receipt for my waiting-list order in 01', with MSRP being a verbal contract only. I think you're fine as long as you agree on the terms, place the deposit, and are ready to go when the car arrives. If you plan on selling the slot, you may need a more solid contract. I personally hate the practice of selling slots on these cars and I have no sympathy for anyone who gets screwed by a dealer with this intent as a pretense for ordering. Same for dealers demanding over MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Let them know that Bob Smith has a STRICT policy of selling at MSRP ONLY, and if they want to retain you as a customer they will sell it to you at MSRP.

I will be getting mine from Bob Smith.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

He's right thought. BMW Irvine is pretty vicious and they have told me specifically, from a fleet manager, that they do not guarentee MSRP. I would not take their word for it. Go in and request it in writing and if they refuse you know what's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post

Appreciate 0