BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
hkm3
Rep
Drives: Lotus, Evo 6.5, 316ti

Arrow M3 or Exige S ?

2007 M3 or Lotus Exige S?

I know this is a M3 forum, but I guess someone here like the Lotus too.
I want a daily driver and fast mountain road car. Do you think the M3 is too big for mountain road?

Any comments are great.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
schuyler
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Wow two very different cars! I'd say the M3 does more of what the Lotus Exige S can do than he other way around. What I mean is that the M3 is a daily driver, plus track car in one, but the Lotus cannot really be considered a daily driver. Both awesome cars tho we have similar tastes. How much does the Exige S cost?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
Damager
Rep
n/a
Drives:

This is a horrible comparison, maybee compared to a Elise would be better (tho the m3 would run circles around it, no matter how much fatter it is..). But the Exige S, I mean is that car even street legal. And if it were, I could imagine any human being driving it for more then 1-2 hours a week on public roads.

Regardless, I would take the M3 in a heartbeat since you can basicly seat 4 people in the car, and still move and shake with the best cars out there, and still bring home groceries..... Cant ask for more right?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I've herd the exige is a horrible daily driver, I hope your not tall....and on top of that it pry cost's lots more $$$ than the M3

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
16520Man
On BMW #7 and counting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Lotus Elise

Garage List
2005 Elise  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Both...

May I suggest both. Here are my two:

I ordered my 330i immediately after taking delivery of my Elise. Why? Because the Lotus is at the far end of the bell curve when it comes to daily driveability. The Exige S is pretty much the same car, but with a hard top and nastier suspension. The Lotus A/C sucks, the car is noisy and rough. However, as far as carving, not even the new M will be able to touch it (I know, this is speculation, but I'm no stranger to ///Ms); there is no other car that is as flickable as the Elise/Exige. And with my supercharger bringing the Elise up to 280 hp, an M3 will have a very hard time keeping up with it even in a straight line. Seriously, however, if you are going to buy one car, the new M3 is the obvious choice. Ungodly fast yet still refined and comfortable.
Appreciate 0