E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Newb here

08-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Newb here

I posted in the general forum, but then just noticed this one. I recently purchased an '07 335i and found out last night it's been previously modified.

The selling points for me were the dual cones and Magnaflow exhaust. I attempted to install a Vishnu chip last night, but when I opened the ECU box, I found out that it still has the JB3 chip. Further inspection of the car leads me to believe it either had or still has a down pipe (non-stock bolts are on it) and the exhaust cable was unplugged (whatever it is that's found in the left tail light assembly area - still learning the tech terms).

So, kudos to the person who traded it in and left the extra goodies, but I'm a bit concerned if there are some areas/things I need to pay special attention to since it has been (so heavily) modded. I'm trying to locate the previous owner (traded it in at Leith Land Rover in Cary) for further questioning and any left over parts.

So, does anyone have any suggestions or comments on what to keep an eye out for considering the mods that have been done? It seems the previous owner took care of the car - no damage or abuse to the wires/cables/other easily-viewed parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
Krells
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

My only issue would be warranty concerns, if you are worried about such things. I would really worry about much, especially since you planned on doing the stuff anyways. I would get a service history on the car and sell the JB3, then you get half your money back for the Procede.
Appreciate 0