E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > avoid weatherford in bay area at all cost...

01-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
jasontse
Registered
Rep
Drives: Titanium E90

avoid weatherford in bay area at all cost...

it's a repost from another forum, but i don't want anyone to run into the same problem...

this is a little long story so please bear with me....

a while ago I lost one of my CA keys and I went to the dealer to have a replacement made. I paid full price for the key and they said it would take 3 days. I was sort of busy and 3 WEEKS later i remembered and called them because they never called me back . They said the key was there, so i cleared my schedule to pick up the key, and knowing that it needed to be programmed, I made sure I had time to wait.

When i arrived I waited for 20 minutes for somebody to show up at the parts counter, and another 15 minutes for the guy to get the key . I was ready to have it programmed and they told me it didn't need it and asked me to just put the key in the ignition. I did specifically tell them it had comfort access, and they said it was ok, so I just left, thinking that the people in the service department knew what they were talking about .

Fast forward to Dec 15/16th when I found out the key didn't work and I called them to schedule an appointment. Left a message and no body ever called back . Dec 17th (saturday, service not open) I called to make a complaint. Left a message with a guy Jason and he called me back the next day. After briefly brushing me off, he said that he would have the service manager call me . Of course that never happened . I called them on the 19th (Monday), which was the day I was leaving for vacation and right before I got on to the plane and asked for the service manager. He finally called me back and I told him that they need to have it programmed. I would be gone till that Friday (Dec 23rd) and would like to drop it off that day at 3pm and would like a loaner. He refused to give me a loaner stating that they had a X'mas party and the car would be sitting there. I didn't really care but I have a very busy schedule and can't wait around for them to do it, and as long as I have a car, it didn't really matter to me what I was driving.

He finally, after checking this and that and said that he would call me first thing Wednesday morning Dec 28th after X'mas, first day they open, and have the car picked up at my house, and will drop it back off after they were done. Of course I didn't get a call the whole day and talked to another guy Jim at about 6pm and he arranged to have it picked up the next morning. However I couldn't believe that after explaining the whole situation, he wanted to charge me for programming the key.

He had it picked it up the next day, and brought it back the same day (Thursday). Yesterday (Monday Jan 1st) I drove it for the first time and the TPM light was on. Brought it in today (Tuesday) and the front driver's tire had a nail in it. It couldn't be patched and needed to be replaced and it would cost $340+tax . It is too much of a coincidence for me to just pay and have it replaced, of course I have no proof. However I would like to bring this to the attention of somebody at BMW, even though it might not make a difference... especially after knowing that complaining to the dealer would make no difference at all...

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I just stuck with paying them and have it over and done with? Anyone who I can talk to that could actually make a difference? I know that they are very decentralized threre and it's useless to speak to anyone....
At Port: May 29, 2006
2006 E90 325i Titanium / Terra / Alum / STEP / ZPP / ZCW / Xenon / CA / Sat Prep (I didn't order this... )
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

bmwna is the only one you can talk to. i think. i don't like their service dept at all. they scratch my rims, they didn't do everything on their check list. parts dept always no one there. And the only one there, called tom, is not helpful at all. I told him i have e90, he still keep looking at e46's parts for me. i don't understand why they can't listen?
      01-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I actually bought my car there a few weeks ago, but I never had to deal with their parts department. Thanks for the heads up though. I usually take my car to pleasanton, but that's because my friend is a tech guy there. anyways, good luck with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
jasontse
Registered
Rep
Drives: Titanium E90

UPDATE:

I just got my tire replaced today. I had 3400 miles and I had the front driver's tire replaced. The dealer was going to charge $340+tax. I took the car back and called bridgestone to complain. The lady over the phone was nice and we had a conference call with a local Bridgestone store and I had it replaced for $255 all inclusive. I figured if I go to tirerack and order one, it would cost $200+$20 shipping, and they charged $219 for the tire itself, plus of course they are RFT certified shop...

I kept the old tire, maybe I could have it checked out and possibly repaired? suggesstions?
At Port: May 29, 2006
2006 E90 325i Titanium / Terra / Alum / STEP / ZPP / ZCW / Xenon / CA / Sat Prep (I didn't order this... )
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

what a sucky service department. my suggestion is to find another dealer.