E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Freight and PDI charges!!!!

01-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Freight and PDI charges!!!!

How can BMW canada justifiy 1995$ in PDI when they pay 695$ in the states?
Is this a way of selling us the car at full retail price? I'm saying the average discount at the dealer is around 3%, for the 335 im looking to buy @ 61000CAD it comes up to just about the PDI fee; so I'm paying list price...
That's the way I see it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
christyles
Need new project car.
Rep
Drives: E46 '00 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1
How can BMW canada justifiy 1995$ in PDI when they pay 695$ in the states?
Is this a way of selling us the car at full retail price? I'm saying the average discount at the dealer is around 3%, for the 335 im looking to buy @ 61000CAD it comes up to just about the PDI fee; so I'm paying list price...
That's the way I see it.
Yes.. there are lots of "costs" when having to bring goods/products into Canada. Hence why everybody buys in the US and brings it over. A little bit more leg work but well worth it when you're saving thousands of dollars. We had a pretty length thread about purchasing vehicles in the US, and it seems that is the next trend as it's considerably cheaper than getting it here.

This not only includes vehicles but parts as well.

I hear your frustration but the costs are all incurred becuase of the all the people in the "middle" that have to get a piece of the pie.
      01-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyles
Yes.. there are lots of "costs" when having to bring goods/products into Canada. Hence why everybody buys in the US and brings it over. A little bit more leg work but well worth it when you're saving thousands of dollars. We had a pretty length thread about purchasing vehicles in the US, and it seems that is the next trend as it's considerably cheaper than getting it here.

This not only includes vehicles but parts as well.

I hear your frustration but the costs are all incurred becuase of the all the people in the "middle" that have to get a piece of the pie.
Did you buy your car in the US?, Will a US dealer accept to sell a car to a Canadian ? Any dealers you can recommned? (you can PM me for this)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

discoboy1,

I was able to get my car at a 4.3% discount, you would have to drive down to Toronto for that but it's worth the drive as you save about a grand if not more.

PM me if you want the contact info of the sales rep.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
christyles
Need new project car.
Rep
Drives: E46 '00 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1
Did you buy your car in the US?, Will a US dealer accept to sell a car to a Canadian ? Any dealers you can recommned? (you can PM me for this)

Thanks
No. I got it from Parkview. Because at the time I knew the Principle Owner who was staying at the hotel i was managing.

A US dealer will sell to a Canadian, but you have to verify on your end how you will work out insurance, and if a local dealership here in Toronto will accept warranty work for a US car. They should cause its still revenue for the service and parts department although not as much as a non warranty work order.

Like I said... more leg work... but huuuuuuge savings.

Ill recommend Parkview or Durham (ex-whitby) owned by the same Principle. Once you decide which one you go to or what route you will take, let me know, and I'll make a call.