BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Richard135i
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

JLeviSW

Recently purchased several items thru JLeviSW. Interior Xenon Lighting Kit, Key Hole Cover, Matte Black Grills, CF Mirror Covers and LED Side Lenses.

The products all help in making the 1er Coupe that little bit better and more personalised, but at what cost.

Where to start...the Interior Light Kit is faulty, Key Hole Cover doesn't fit correctly, Matte Black Grills don't fit as well as OEM, CF Mirror Covers are see thru between the weave and the LED Side Lenses had parts missing.

In contacting JLeviSW they are happy to replace the parts once they receive the faulty parts but they do not cover shipping or even guarantee the quality of their products. They have the world's most disgusting company policy.

IF CONSIDERING PURCHASING FROM JLEVISW, GO ELSEWHERE.

**Update**

JLEVISW are currenly changing their company policy so what is on their website is old and really they should stand by what the website currently reads. I guess they won't pay for warranty shipping as 95% of their products will be returned.

STAY CLEAR OF JLEVISW & BIMMIAN

Last edited by Richard135i; 07-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Further Disgusting Service
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

If the parts were defected, they should replace them for free including shipping. If not, I won't buy any things on line with those companies who they won't back up their products.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
ianc
Ex '87 Carrera
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 TiAg 6MT 135i

I bought their matte black grills and the quality and fit was fine?

ianc

"I got 328 loaner and was impressed with performance. It feels much faster than my 135i." - MOCKBA
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Just was going to write the same about Bimmian - still am by starting here - way down on them. Purchased 4 "novelty things" for my 11 135i vert that no one needs. First was an ultimate led kit at about 15 bucks per bulb. Of the nine bulbs they sent in a cut up package, five were not even close to fitting correctly. They obviously put no effort into their kit despite their advertising to the contrary. I mean all one needs to do is go to any parts store to find the correct bulbs. Emailed back and forth (giant waste of time), even offered to mail original bulbs in to help them get it right. Responses - BS - bend the clips, force it in, etc. Second, the triangle which they say you need a screwdriver to install. Guess what, you don't because they don't include the brackets. Response: it comes from Germany that way. Other sites say brackets included. Third, the Weisslicht license plate lights. Don't waste your money; despite what Bimmian advertises, they are a generic part and they have a "universal" metal clip that will eventually rub through your paint and cause rust. Last, an emblem which I paid for at the time of purchase and which they said was on backorder. Once it came in, they emailed me that I could purchase it. When I notified them that they already charged me (same with triangle) they said they'd mail both right away. Guess hat, the emblem was not in the package. Now, over a month later they notified me they sent it and the site says 2-3 weeks delivery becasue I didn't pay for shipping - ha. In my opinion, Bimmian is just a site that re-sells and drop ships stuff. They do not really appear to know what they are doing or care. In conclusion: useless waste of time and money.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
derekL
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMDUBS

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 128i  [6.96]
a lot of stuff that JLeviSW sells is from bimmian. just to let you know

|Shadowline Grills|Hotchkis Front Sway Bar|DIY CF Black Fabric Trim|Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler|Black O.Z Ultraleggeras|BMW Performance Exhaust|M-Sport Bumpers w/ Fogs|Shadowline Diffuser|CSR Eyelids|BMW Performance Shifter/Boot and Handbrake|AFE stage 2 intake|Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit|///M mirrors|Blackline LCI|
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Enlisted Member
Rep

I see that; they're probably the same or one is probably a breakaway from the other. I'd also add (as to Bimmian only) that it seems to me that a lot of what they sell is either just plain junk or poorly executed attempts at trying to better oem parts. My 1's a toy but it's still a pricey car by any measure, and the lesson I learned is the stuff they sell is not really fun; it's primarily paying (handsomely) to make problems for yourself down the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
DON'T even get me started on the SAGA that is my quest to get my Vorsteiner wheels fixed properly. Multiple emails, phone calls just to get a response similar to this: "We will email Vorsteiner"......WTF you just emailed them 3months ago....I won't say more now cause it will just make me friggin' angry. Just suffice it to say that I hope my "custom" wheels made to fit my 135i will fit on the 1series Mcoupe because I have no hope for them fixing my problem anytime soon.(Over a year BTW).
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Enlisted Member
Rep

On the wheels, which company (if there is even a difference) - ha ha.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33914 View Post
On the wheels, which company (if there is even a difference) - ha ha.
LOL....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wah. Sorry I asked as there are references to both on here. Just messin
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
leesat
samuray
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
I have that same situation. I purchased painted grill from them and the parts were defected. I returned it and there was no moneyback for shipping charge. I'm not gonna buy a single piece from JLeviSW.
They don't make many things. If you search other place, you can find the same product and much cheaper
Oh, just one more thing, if you need to return something, do not expect you are gonna get your moneyback early. In my case, it took more then 2weeks.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Enlisted Member
Rep

Please see my latest post in Down on Bimmian Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

I have also had issues.

LED side lenses were not even rubberized on the edges like OEM, and one of them was missing the rubber caulking to hold the wires in. The product felt rather flimsy for the price charged.

The interior LED lighting kit was also messed up, with two missing bulbs.

I also bought the footwell lamps, and they didn't even have a proper fit. I can easily go over a bump and the lamp will simply pop out... so, to fix that, I just pushed in some electrical tape... but c'mon, I just want a quality product.

Many of my items arrived piecemeal, so I had to wait longer to get my parts (e.g. LED turn signal bulbs arrived one first, then a week later, I got the other one).

I now shop elsewhere, where the prices are cheaper and the products are better in overall quality.
Appreciate 0