2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) 550i officially on order!

07-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550xi

550i officially on order!

I ordered it last Saturday in Maryland. I have my production # but the dealer said it's not scheduled for production until the 28th week which I think is around 7/11. With Germany going on vacation in August I'm hoping someone can give some insight on when I might actually get it???

Since it's not in production yet I've made a couple changes to the order already. Well the specs are as follows:

Dark Graphite Metallic
Anthracite Headliner
Black Nappa Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
8-speed Sport Auto-trans.
Dynamic Handling Pkg.
Sports Pkg.
Premium 2 Pkg.
Smartphone Integration

What do you guys think about the Anthracite & Dark Graphite Metallic mix, will it be too dark? I've changed the exterior 3x, from Space Gray>Black Sapphire Metallic> Dark Graphite Metallic.

2009 335i Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic [Saddle Brown, Poplar Gray]
Premium /// Sports /// StepTronic /// Heated /// Nav /// Sat /// iPod & USB /// HD Rad /// Logic7

Last edited by Rafyel; 07-02-2010 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Addition to build configuration
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
BMW-GT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 5.0i

I waffled between the exterior colors for a while too. In short, I think the new 5 series design is very attractive but conservative. Not quite as distinctive as other BMWs (X series, 6 series, M series), etc. Therefore, it needs something to make it standout. Space Gray (they had 550i in this color at the dealership) was a bit dull. For me Black is too dark so I went with the Dark Graphite. I also found an all black interior was too dark and in discussion with the CA, the lighter headliner sort of breaks up the darkness. If I went with the all black interior, I'd likely go with Titanium Silver as the exterior color. Well, that's my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
I ordered mine in AW. After owning a SG M3, I found the color to be amazing BUT, it is definitely the most BORING color if you dont put some aftermarket mods on it. I was going to order dark graphite after I saw one in the showroom. However, once I saw the color under direct sunlight, it almost made me puke. It has a really weird brown hue and IMO there is way too much metallic mix in the paint. I too ordered black Napa + Anthracite headliner but I did choose to go with Alum. trim instead of anthraite wood simply because an all black interior will become very dull and make you feel boring every time you step inside of the car (I learned this from my previous two cars). Had BMW offer Cinnamon Brown with Napa, I would never choose another black interior. Sadly, they do not....
      07-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
post some photos when you do get it.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
DDESIGN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Deep Sea Blue

550i

As for your order, I wish you a speedy delivery. Mine was slow slow slow, but hopefully the trucking carrier problems from the prep center have been resolved. Mine should be in today, I ordered it late April.

As for COLOR, I agree with the "conservative" assessment and so I went for the standout Deep Sea Blue exterior with the Cinnamon Brown dakota leather. Right, no Nappa for Cin Brown, but I have 3 kids and I feel like the Dakota will hold up better to the abuse.

550i with:
Premium 2, Sport Pkg, Sport Automatic, Dynamic Handling, active ventilated seats (its hot in Houston), Convenience pkg (prob didn't need), rear seat entertainment (too much!).
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
wukur
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

If you believe me than me thinks about the exterior as follows:

Dark Graphite Sucks compared to Black Sapphire.

I am telling this because when F10 came out my local dealer made a presantation of F10 I visited it. Thay had 535i in black sapphire with every option possible. I was like wooooowww on the looks in black. Earlier my friend ordered 550i in dark graphite and after he recieved it I met with him to test drive the car. You what happened??? 550i in dark graphite with sport package looked so so compared to black one I saw. It looks kinda old car all the beatifull lines are hidden in dark graphite.

Just my 2 cents. Personally me would never buy this color on this car. Black Sapphire was veryyy beautiful
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Gsquared
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Both colors are great, I think it is a personal preference. that's why they make so many different color combinations. I orderd a 550 with the dark graphite as well. Maybe the sunlight is different in Texas compared to Uzbekistan
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
Grizzles
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M

550 graphite +1
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

My dealer just got in a 535i in Dark Graphite, it was sitting next to a Titanium Silver 550i and I must say, my wife and I, and the dealer, and we all agreed the DGM had more definition than the TS. I was actually trying to change the color to Titanium Silver but it was too late. Now, after seeing them side-by-side I prefer the DGM. You can really see those sexy LED tail lights with the darker exterior.

Now, I own a 335i in Black Sapphire Metallic and it's beautiful. But, the DGM gives the look of Black at a distance and then shows it's true color up close. Therefore, you get the best of both worlds!

Premium /// Sports /// StepTronic /// Heated /// Nav /// Sat /// iPod & USB /// HD Rad /// Logic7
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
Bunky
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 750Li

Dymanese,

Did you ever get your car? I'm thinking about getting DMG with black interior and was wondering if you have gotten your car and like it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

I'm sorry, I didn't get any site updates to the post. I'm sure you've probably ordered by now. No, I didn't get the car. I cancelled the order so that I could get a Sept. order with the new ConnectedDrive features. A second car was ordered in Space Gray but BMW moved up my order to Aug. therefore I wouldn't have gotten the new stuff. So as of today a third car has been ordered and I've gone back to DGM but with Cinnamon Brown leather. It's scheduled for production next week.

Appreciate 0