E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need help with Vishnu PROcede - any advice would help

06-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Need help with Vishnu PROcede - any advice would help

I am getting the "check engine - reduced power" light sporadically - I switch off the car and turn it back, the light goes away. I recently bought this vehicle (2007 335i coupe) and it had the procede installed (i think its the V2) . Previous owner said he has never seen the light before but did take it for a warranty issue to bmw not too long ago. I am suspecting that the dealer updated the bmw software which is causing it to detect and block the procede (by cutting power to the turbos?).

I would like some help on the following:

1) Once I confirm that the software on the bmw has been updated - would updating the map/firmware on the procede resolve the issue?

2) Is anyone using the Vishnu PROcede in tr-state are? If so, can you please recommend any dealer/tuner shop in the NJ/NY/PA/CT (in order of preference) area that I can consult with? (i am noob when it comes to this and dont think i can handle the map/firmware update myself)

Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
If you're really running a procede v2 in your car, it might be worth to update the maps. Or even the whole Procede. Sounds like you are running a tune from circa 2007-2008 and a lot has changed since then. Including BMW dme software. First thing to do is actually confirm what you have installed in your car. Just take a picture of it, next to your dme, and email it to us at sales@vishnutuning.com and we can give you some options.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Shiv, is it true that Rev# corresponds to the hardware and the V# corresponds to the software? If so, I know that the device looks like this cos i saw it when the dealer showed it to me...if there are multiple REV# that look like this, i am going to have to open it up again which i am not totally comfortable doing at this point.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/825/img1414a.jpg

once you confirm that there was only 1 Rev# that looked like this...i will continue this thread over email with the sales team

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
That is the old one. Time to get a new one and enjoy Autotune.
AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI + OCC | ETS 5 FMIC | Alpina B3 Trans Flash |235/265 19" Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecBX View Post
trust me i would but im really strapped for $ right now and would just like to explore an easy fix at this point
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If you're really running a procede v2 in your car, it might be worth to update the maps. Or even the whole Procede. Sounds like you are running a tune from circa 2007-2008 and a lot has changed since then. Including BMW dme software. First thing to do is actually confirm what you have installed in your car. Just take a picture of it, next to your dme, and email it to us at sales@vishnutuning.com and we can give you some options.

Shiv
Shiv, I just emailed sales@vishnutuning.com to continue this conversation - please review and advise...thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Altec, your handle says NYC...im stone's throw away from there in NJ...can you recommend any tuners in the area that i can bring this into? (if Shiv suggests opening this up and reprogramming it)

i'd really appreciate any references

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
I just did it myself. Is really not that hard once you really get to do it. It does feel intimidating until you actually open it up and follow directions. For me, routing the usb cable was harder than actually installing the Procede. I was driving for months with the usb cable through the hood and through the passenger side door.

The picture you have is the old Procede with pin out installation. The new Rev II is PnP and all you have to do is plug it in to the DME and connect your usb-to-serial cable to interface with a laptop. Increased power is almost the same as the new Procede. The delivery and way it transition behind the wheels is different. Much smoother and refined with the v4. Once you're ready to upgrade, you can enjoy all the benefits of Autotuned and features that the v4 provides.
AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI + OCC | ETS 5 FMIC | Alpina B3 Trans Flash |235/265 19" Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
1er_crazy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I just did it myself. Is really not that hard once you really get to do it. It does feel intimidating until you actually open it up and follow directions. For me, routing the usb cable was harder than actually installing the Procede. I was driving for months with the usb cable through the hood and through the passenger side door.

The picture you have is the old Procede with pin out installation. The new Rev II is PnP and all you have to do is plug it in to the DME and connect your usb-to-serial cable to interface with a laptop. Increased power is almost the same as the new Procede. The delivery and way it transition behind the wheels is different. Much smoother and refined with the v4. Once you're ready to upgrade, you can enjoy all the benefits of Autotuned and features that the v4 provides.
i'm excited to hear about the benefits of Rev II and will definitely explore it once i have some $ under by belt. if its indeed true PnP like you describe...i think i can manage it. for now, i am hoping Shiv and Vishnu team can see me through this mess that i have inherited so i can also gauge the level of support that Vishnu provides its customers.

thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0