E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Dealers in DFW area?

08-31-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Glenn330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Dealers in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area?

Any decent dealers in the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) area that are willing to deal? I went to Classic BMW in Richardson and they were willing to take off only $900 off of MSRP of $45K. I'm looking at a loaded 330i.

Thanks,
Glenn
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
Phoenix-IT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Acura RSX Type-S

Let me know what you find out, I may be buying here to.

You should negotiate up from invoice. Tell them your lowball and if they say no, walk. Come back in a couple days try again, if the salesman doesn't go down, leave and try another. Make it clear that you don't want it bad enough to hang out and pay their price. A display disinterest and apathy towards the car is your best weapon. Look at other dealerships too, there is one in Dallas and one in the Irving area I believe.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
bmq
Chief of the boat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Angry

There is definetly a disadvantage of living in the DFW Metroplex...not enough BMW dealerships and therefore not enough competition ...a fact the dealerships here happily exploit :mad: . There are only two in the entire Dallas area (Classic in Richardson, and BMW of Dallas near LBJ and I35). There is not one in Irving. There is Moritz BMW in Arlington, and Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth.

So if you live in the far north Dallas burbs as I do, you are left with Classic or BMW of Dallas within comfortable drivng distance. They know that they are essentially in an oligopoly situation and are not discounting at all.

I keep seeing on various forums that there are deals of $800-$1,000 over invoice in the NY tri-state area and in Southern Cal area. But we are not going to get anywhere near that here. I have seriously considered buying in NY and driving it down.
      09-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Hey guys, finally some DFW people on this board!

I went to BMW of Dallas, formerly John Roberts BMW. I paid $1000 over invoice on a Euro Delivery 325i. I made that deal back on May 19th, my order date. Took me 15 minutes.

I agree with you guys that Classic doesn't really deal that much, because of they can leverage their market advantages. But then again, I didn't really try that hard with them, as BMW of Dallas is the closest one to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
bmq
Chief of the boat
United_States
Rep

I went to BMW of Dallas, formerly John Roberts BMW. I paid $1000 over invoice on a Euro Delivery 325i.

Wow! There is hope for us. Can you please share with us the name of your CA and/or your sales manager. If BMW of Dallas is willing to deal, I am willing to give them my money. I am looking to do a 330i ED in Spring 2006. When is your ED pickup date?
      09-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #6
Glenn330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to get to $2000 over invoice. I started with $1500 over invoice and the salesman at Classic started with MSRP. We both gave a little, but he didn't give that much (only $900 as I mentioned). Since he didn't go lower, I walked.

I called BMW of Dallas and told the salesman I know exactly what I want and am ready to order. I told him I didn't want to pay more than $2000 over invoice. He told me he'd make me a good deal and to come on in. After pressing him a bit, I got him to admit over the phone that he wouldn't go lower than $800 below MSRP.

After deciding on the 330i, I'm now looking (again) at Audi and Mercedes. I was treated like gold at Ewing Autohaus and got a great quote from them on a new C350. I still like the 330i a bit better but I'm getting really frustrated with BMW salesmen!

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
Phoenix-IT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Acura RSX Type-S

Glenn, perhaps you should try one of the websites listed in this article. The dealers will know they are competing head-to-head with the other dealers in the area. Maybe they will make a better offer, you're not obligated to purchase.

http://www.safecarguide.com/gui/net/internetsales.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #8
bjw80
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Mystic Blue

Angry Don't bother with Moritz

I've tried to negotiate with Moritz BMW in Arlington on a 330i - I figured since this would potentially be my 3rd BMW from Moritz (and the 5th BMW purchased by my family at Moritz) that they would be willing to negotiate. But, it was a complete waste of time. They wouldn't budge off of MSRP. They said "maybe" the could come down $500. Whoopdy - doo!

They told me that this car is "flying off the lot" and after all, its a BMW, so MSRP shouldn't be a surprise. After a lesson in supply in demand - which was insulting, they told me if I wanted a deal on a car, that perhaps I should go else where and find a cheaper car. And, to further insult me, they suggested I place $8500 down on a lease in order to replicate the lease I have on my current 330ci. WHAT? Who the hell would do that?!?

So if you're not having luck with Classic or BMW of Dallas, don't even bother with Moritz!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #9
bmq
Chief of the boat
United_States
Rep

Angry

That's just depressing to hear about your experience at Moritz, but not surprising.

Anybody have any sort of luck with Autobahn in Fort Worth?

Has anyone tried spreading the net wider...Austin, OK City, Houston???

I travel to NYC frequently for business, and may just order from one of the dealers there and drive it back.
Saving $2K-$3K maybe worth the effort.
      11-12-2005, 12:47 AM   #10
SilvertE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
"AutonationBMW" price switched and lied too me...
Bought my E46 from Moritz but no deals for a repet customer.
Classic was great, other than pricing. But they are moving to the Dallas North Tollway down the street from me , so I went with them. Autobahn was the same price ,but 50 miles further....

That was my experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #11
BenMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 330i coupe  [0.00]
2002 325ci  [0.00]
I dont know too much about sales but for service Lionel @ BMW Dallas helped me out pretty well. I didnt get any discounts though. I am also looking to buy a new car but I am waiting for the E92. If anyone has any good Sales Reps let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
mmeads
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Yeah, I'm stuck down here in Houston, trying to deal, and the 3 we have don't wanna budge. I have 3 suggestions for Texans:

1) If you don't mind driving, try out some of the smaller towns with less demand; Tyler, Temple, College Station, etc. (~$1000 over)

2) BMW offers 'Courtesy Delivery' (dealers hate those words and will often come down on price just b/c you know about it). Basically you buy the car at any dealership across the country and they ship it to the dealer closest to you for 500 bucks. ($500 over + $500 deliv. = $1000 over)

3)Do the 'Performance Delivery', buy the car out of Cali for $500 over invoice, get a $200 plane ticket to South Carolina to pick up your car and drive it back. BMW puts you up in a hotel, feeds you, treats you to a track day, a museum visit, and gives you a personal introduction to your new vehicle, plus you get to bring a friend -- all for free. ($500 over + $200 plane + Awesome day of BMW FUN = $700 + fun drive home)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #13
BenMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 330i coupe  [0.00]
2002 325ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeads
3)Do the 'Performance Delivery', buy the car out of Cali for $500 over invoice, get a $200 plane ticket to South Carolina to pick up your car and drive it back. BMW puts you up in a hotel, feeds you, treats you to a track day, a museum visit, and gives you a personal introduction to your new vehicle, plus you get to bring a friend -- all for free. ($500 over + $200 plane + Awesome day of BMW FUN = $700 + fun drive home)

Performance Delivery I'd be up for that considering the E92 I want doesn't even come out till late september. Tell me more. Have you done it? My ex girlfriend lives in LA it could be a nice little trip.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
jtmatch
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 PRIUS

a real honest salesman...rare...here's one maybe

I went to the auto show in Ft Worth last week and met a salesman named Mack ...This guy is sharp....he tells it how it is and doesn't BS. While talking to him, I could tell the difference in his demeaner. Wasn't typical Texas. He told me he just moved here from Calif. He worked for BMW there with 5 times the amount of BMW dealers that we have here in DFW. That tells me that he has to beat everybodies deal or lose out.
This guy might be worth a try. I am going to see......I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

@ jtmatch

Any luck with Mack? I'm relocating to the DFW (Plano) area next month and plan to buy a 330 once I get there. Let me know if this guy is worth looking up.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #16
DeuceDeuce
Linebacker At Large
Rep
Drives: '06 330i, '04 325i, '06 X3

Moritz

I recently relocated to DFW and had lousy service experiences at Classic- bad enough that I wouldn't consider buying from them and a horrible sales experience at BMW of Dallas on the launch day for the E90. I actually called Moritz from the BMW of Dallas showroom while my SA was refusing to give me back the keys to the '02 325i I was trading in that they were supposedly inspecting. It felt like I was at a Ford dealership- not what I expect when I'm shopping for a BMW. Maybe the dealers in Arizona just spoiled me. The sales manager at Moritz and the F&I guy felt like what I expected from a BMW dealer and I purchased two more cars from them since. If you're into haggling though DFW is tough. I'm planning on buying either an E46 M3 or an E92 car this year and may consider Tyler myself if Moritz insists on MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #17
SuzySparks
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 525i

Try BMW of Austin

I am in San Antonio and refuse to give the dealer here the time of day. E-mail me, and I can give you my horror stories.

Try BMW of Austin. I've purchased 2 BMWs from them and am in the process of looking at another purchase.

I have had EXCELLENT service there; both with the new and used departments and their service department makes you feel like royalty.

My first BMW I purchased from Garlyn Shelton in College Station. I did all of it over the telephone and had another good experience.
1986 911 Carrera Cabriolet
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab (Hubby's)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #18
brandonMORITZbmw
GoodDealMoritzBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i, sports package

Thumbs up Moritz Bmw, I Will Make The Deal For You

Hey guys, I am one of the newest guys at Moritz BMW in arlington. I have been there for 6 months. I promise I will make you the best deal, and make it easiest on you. I have no problem working numbers, running payments, leases, market values on trades over the phone to give you estimate. Just give me a shot, that is all I'm asking. I will try to locate the car for you if it is not in our stock. Very agressive. My name is Brandon Lane, my direct line is 817.436.5766. Hope to hear from you soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #19
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Dude do you have no shame!!!!! , damn salepeople gotta love em. Mort you will get some business, but if you aint good
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #20
DallasLaw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1996 E90; Sport; Cold Wtr.

Exclamation Classic Bmw In Plano (new Location) Is Horrible On Service!

I took my 2007 E90 into Classic BMW's new dealership in Plano and was astonished at the lack of service. My service advisor was useless and told me, "look ...unless you purchase an 'M' series car or a 7-series that is fully loaded, you're basically the customer here who is akin to the guy who bought a Passat at the VW dealership."

What an insult! They gave me the run around, didn't offer a BMW loaner car since, "you bought this car at another dealership..." and took three days to fix rather simple things. They break things while the car is in the shop and return it to you in a worse condition than when you first came in.

Seems like they operate things there like a cattle call, everyone is a number, and don't expect service if you 'only paid' $45,000 for a new car. Especially if you didn't buy it from them. The people they have running the service end of this dealership are awful.

DO NOT SERVICE YOUR CAR HERE! BEWARE!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #21
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLaw View Post
I took my 2007 E90 into Classic BMW's new dealership in Plano and was astonished at the lack of service. My service advisor was useless and told me, "look ...unless you purchase an 'M' series car or a 7-series that is fully loaded, you're basically the customer here who is akin to the guy who bought a Passat at the VW dealership."

What an insult! They gave me the run around, didn't offer a BMW loaner car since, "you bought this car at another dealership..." and took three days to fix rather simple things. They break things while the car is in the shop and return it to you in a worse condition than when you first came in.

Seems like they operate things there like a cattle call, everyone is a number, and don't expect service if you 'only paid' $45,000 for a new car. Especially if you didn't buy it from them. The people they have running the service end of this dealership are awful.

DO NOT SERVICE YOUR CAR HERE! BEWARE!
BOD is awesome. Gave me a bunch of free stuff when I got my 335. Bend over backwards to help me. Car is in for fuel pump and oil cooler. Gave me a brand new X3 sport blk/blk as loaner then a 328 and finally a 335 came back. Unfortunately I whacked a curb in it. Waiting to figure insurance crap out before they give me another. Ask for Joe Eckert if you are looking. Fleet mgr, very "willing".
      05-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #22
hak87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sober

I bought my e92 from Garlyn Shelton College station, even though i live in Dallas.

Classic sucks they are too big now and just plain rude and so was Bmw of Dallas
Appreciate 0