E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > how to fix mymatte black powdercoated wheel finish

05-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
AKbmw
Brigadier General
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

how to fix mymatte black powdercoated wheel finish

So, i have my wheels powder coated matte black and while i was washing them i decided to try and see how my wheel wax would work on it. (i used this wax before i had them powder coated and i loved it.) but it made the finish on my matte black wheel, well, sorda messed up.

i was wondering if there was any way to get this stuff off or is it permanently damaged until i re-powder coat them?

Mind you, i have washed my wheels many many times after this and still the same.

to describe how that one wheel looks versus the others (since i dont have any pictures at the moment) they are more of a black/with faint gray streaks, just looks odd.
      05-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Use isopropyl alcohol to remove them wax. It sounds like the wax was applied too thick.