E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 07 335i Sirius problem

05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
07 335i Sirius problem

I searched on this and didn't see anything quite like it, so apologies in advance if this is a common issue that I don't know how to search for.

I've had my car for 3.5 years now and haven't real trouble with the Sirius radio, except for the "searching" that sometimes seems to take longer than it should. This morning on the way to work I pressed the station change button on the steering wheel a few times to find a particular channel, but the audio didn't change. When I looked at the display it said "Sirius" but not much else, with only the signal icon and the "back" arrow on the screen. None of the numbers for the station presets or anything else was on the screen, which I've never seen before.

The first preset station was playing, although I don't know if that's because it's the first or because it was the last one that I had listened to. None of the buttons for selecting or changing stations work on either the head unit or the steering wheel, with only the volume and power working. Switching to the standard radio shows that it seems to be working normally, although I have maybe listened to that for a total of 1 hour in the past few years.

To try to fix it I turned it off and on a few times, cycled through the audio selections, and generally fiddled with various buttons to no avail. I then pulled over and stopped and restarted the car a few times, again without any change. The car is now sitting outside at work and I'll try again later today to see if it has had time to "reset" or otherwise clear up. A call to a SA provided another lead, which is to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for at least 1/2 hour. I'll try that tonight at home if needed, and if that doesn't work then a service appointment is in order.

This obviously isn't a hyper-critical issue, but as a satellite radio junky it is annoying to not be able to listen to anything "good" on my commute. Has anyone had a similar experience in their car, and if so, do you know the possible reasons and/or a fix for it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Do you have iDrive? You can reset it by holding the 2 eject buttons and the volume knob until the 2 cd/dvd drives eject their contents.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
200Duece
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '73 2002,'18 X5 35d,'17 328d T

only time I had a problem like yours was when my subscription had expired.

1988 E28 535is Euro Conversion --- sold
2009 E90 335 6MT --- sold
2003 E39 540iT Msport --- sold
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
Whatever it was cleared itself up after letting the car sit for a while. Oddly enough, some of the settings (seat movement, lighting delay, door unlock, etc.) had been reset, and the climate control was reset to 72 degrees. Very odd, and makes me wonder if there is a short or other malfunction somewhere.
Appreciate 0