E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > matte clear coat for painted kidney grilles?

04-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Question matte clear coat for painted kidney grilles?

Hey All,

I searched on this topic a while ago and didn't come up with any hits. Last weekend I sanded down my chrome (yuck) kidney grilles on my e90 and treated them with adhesion promoter and then SEM matte black trip paint (several coats). My bro did this on the ugly chrome taillight bezels of his 09 Camaro 2SS and it looks sick!

Unfortunately the ride back from boston to NJ already has made little nicks in the paint where the original sanded layer shows through. I want the grilles to be a matte finish...but I think they need a few layers of clear coat. Does anyone know a matte clear coat that I can use? Does such a thing exist?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Andy