ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
KNuss
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

DSP Settings?

Hey guys.

I'm sure this has been posted many times, but for the life of me I can't find a thread with good DSP settings for a coupe.

I have a 2007 3.0si coupe and I can't get settings that sound just right.

The sales rep who sold me the car programmed in the settings he says most of his customers like the best, but the frequencies are way too high and even though it sounds good, it basically has turned everything into white noise.

I found a thread on here from awhile ago that claimed these settings were optimal for the coupe:

80Hz: +1
200Hz: -5
500Hz: -1
1kHz: 0
2kHz: +2
5kHz: 0
12kHz: +2

I've found these to be too flat.

If anyone has a setting they really like, could you please post them here or direct me to a thread where they are posted? I'm a perfectionist and it's going to drive me crazy until I get this set right. At least the exhaust note sounds perfect!

Thanks.
Kevin
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

If I remember next time, I'll go write mine down. I've got 80hz at like -5 though as I think the stock speakers bass output sounds horrible.
      04-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
wasupdu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0, CLS63 AMG

Garage List
I've been tweaking the DSP settings and find that 'Jazz club' seems to sound the best in terms of presets.

Along the same lines, is the output of the rear speakers significantly less than that of the front? With the top UP the other day I listened to each speaker individually (left front, right front, left rear, right rear) and I'd say that the output of the rear speakers are less than half of the front. Does that mean my rear speakers are blown? If so, can I easily replace these with something found locally at any electronics store?

thx