drk one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Car and Drivers Take on the M1/135is

While a 135is likely is still in the cards, our sources say BMW’s M division plans to work its magic on the 1-series.

Official Link:
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spi...eries_m_-spied

M GmbH, of course, is BMW's high-performance division, headed since last May by BMW executive Kay Segler. We've met Segler many times and can attest to the fact that he did good things at Mini, where he worked prior to taking the reins at M. Segler got off to an excellent start with the Euro-only limited-edition M3 GTS and now he will make a permanent mark on every enthusiast's map with a planned 1-series variant. While we’re still expecting to see a 135is offered with a higher-output turbocharged inline-six—like in the 335is—our sources confirm that Segler’s division is crafting an M version of the compact 1-series coupe. It’s code-named project "Pyrat.”

But the M version of the 1-series should do absolutely everything right. This prototype caught by our photographers reveals the business-like approach of the car: a wide front air intake with no fog lights, a wider track with large fenders covering cross-drilled brake rotors and big wheels with meaty tires, and a purposeful rear spoiler instead of an overwrought wing.
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaccaro View Post
LOL at " The 1er M will be powered by a high-revving, naturally aspirated straight-six producing about 340 hp—and"

NA my butt.... it will be a Turbocharged
That stood out to me, too. I had assumed they would be using an FI motor and thought I'd heard as much somewhere (I've not been following too closely). Hopefully, though, C/D is right - an NA M1 would be AWESOME. I'd probably actually trade up for that.
      04-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
JimmyT
Redneck Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

seems like a lot of disinformation flowing around... hope to see the real deal later on this year!!!
      04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

hopefully a electric engine. zero emissions. anything else will be a disappointment for bmw's strive for corporate responsibility for a bette future.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
This appears to be one of the most blatant instances of a car news outlet just straight making up their information. Either that, or it implies that Scott has no idea what he is talking about and is not an insider. I would love for C&D to be correct though in regards to the high revving NA engine, since it would greatly improve my chances of a future purchase.

Last edited by HBspeed; 04-09-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0