E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELPPPP!!!!!

03-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
MTL335
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 JB/CR 335i

HELPPPP!!!!!

somebody please help me, i have no idea what to do...

so i bought used wheels, VMR VB3's in hyperblack. Fronts are 235/35/19 and rears are 265/30/19. i bought them off one of the guys off this forum who previously had them on his e90 328i. Everything ran well on his car, a year later he then added spacers for stance purposes. So 2 days ago, my friend and i, decide to jack up my car and install the new wheels. obviously i get all excited...until..... Basically i go to put on the front wheels and they dont fit! i mean, the hub is literally too big for the wheel to lay on it prior to bolting it in. i took a tape measure and measured it. the hub is definitely bigger than the wheel piece (dont know what its called, but the part that lays on the hub). but the weirdest part i find when i measured, is that the rear wheels are bigger and they fit fine on the car. So why is it that the four hubs are obviously the same size, but the 2 front wheels and 2 rear wheels are different! and the worst part is, they fit on a 328i no problem!! i dont see why having a 330i would make a difference. am i doing something wrong? do i need a piece between the hub and the wheel. i dont get it...
im gonna take it to bmw tomorrow and see if they could help me cause im freaking out.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330bimmerz View Post
somebody please help me, i have no idea what to do...

so i bought used wheels, VMR VB3's in hyperblack. Fronts are 235/35/19 and rears are 265/30/19. i bought them off one of the guys off this forum who previously had them on his e90 328i. Everything ran well on his car, a year later he then added spacers for stance purposes. So 2 days ago, my friend and i, decide to jack up my car and install the new wheels. obviously i get all excited...until..... Basically i go to put on the front wheels and they dont fit! i mean, the hub is literally too big for the wheel to lay on it prior to bolting it in. i took a tape measure and measured it. the hub is definitely bigger than the wheel piece (dont know what its called, but the part that lays on the hub). but the weirdest part i find when i measured, is that the rear wheels are bigger and they fit fine on the car. So why is it that the four hubs are obviously the same size, but the 2 front wheels and 2 rear wheels are different! and the worst part is, they fit on a 328i no problem!! i dont see why having a 330i would make a difference. am i doing something wrong? do i need a piece between the hub and the wheel. i dont get it...
im gonna take it to bmw tomorrow and see if they could help me cause im freaking out.
how big of a difference in size? sometimes you have to be a little rough with hubcentric wheels
      03-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
MTL335
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 JB/CR 335i

somewhere a little over 1cm bigger if i remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330bimmerz View Post
somewhere a little over 1cm bigger if i remember correctly.
clean the inside of the wheel, the hub, and be a little rough with it and see if that does the trick, if not dont take it to bmw, just take it to a trusted tire store, or call VMR