E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW warranty requests

03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

BMW warranty requests

I'm scheduled a appointment tomorrow at the dealer with my 06 325i (recently bought pre-owned) A couple of days ago my car randomly started showing the brake sign and the service sign at the same time (no.. the parking brake was not on) and a couple hours later it wasn't there anymore I find that strange so I'm going to ask about that. Also my windshield wipers are extremely loud, I don't know if thats normal but hopefully I can get them replaced and that will be fixed. Also when I bought my car the rear ashtray didn't open and it was peeling a bit, I know its a stretch but I am going to see if they will cover that also. When the car starts sometimes I hear a scraping noise coming from the engine I also don't know if thats normal and it only happens sometimes. And finally I have been reading around that 3 series BMW's before 2007 have a electronic steering wheel lock problem. Some say it occurs around 60k miles. They actually made a fix for this so it won't happen. I havn't experienced any problems with it yet but I sill might bring it up tommorow. I know I am probably going paranoid but I'm at 49,000 miles and my factory warranty is about to run out.I want to make sure I get everything is perfect shape before the big 50k. This is actually my first BMW so I also am very inexperienced when it comes to its parts. Other than that I love the car and it runs amazingly. Your thoughts and ideas would be appreciated Do you guys think this is too much? Am I missing anything lmao

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
Na your good on asking.

The Brake light and service sign probly mean Brakes are due to be changed, ashtray shouldn't be a problem, ive had plenty of odd ball interior items fixed and replaced with no problems getting it done.

That steering wheel lock problem you can get fixed to as long as they can recreate the noise or w/e. Im hearing the noise now on my 06 and the steering wheel lock icon popped up the other day for a split second, but im not under warranty so when its a problem imma get it fixed.

Good luck and you should have no problems asking to get things fixed while under your warranty till you hit the 50,000 mile mark, once you hit 50,001 then they say something, but they will probly do a good will fix or have you pay half.