E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > 1995 BMW 740IL Correction

03-21-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
tdekany
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 VR6 Jetta

1995 BMW 740IL Correction

The owner contacted me late last year on a BMW forum. Finally the car was ready for me today. I didn’t take any before pictures for several reasons, but let me assure you that the car was in top shape. Very well maintained (by hand) and it showed. In the sun the paint looked almost perfect with only slight swirls here and there. Once inside the garage however the paint looked even better. Tried 4 different light sources and ended up with halogens from a steep angle hitting each panel. Otherwise you couldn’t see the imperfections. Some very deep scratches were removed while a couple of them were too deep. Thankfully they are in the lower panels. You can’t see them standing up. I’d say that the paint is 98% corrected. There are some smaller scratches left on the roof and some on the trunk. This color hides them very well. Pretty good outcome I think.

Process

Wash (engine as well – (HD TOTAL)
Clay
HD UNO – WOOL
HD UNO – ORANGE PAD
HD UNO – BLACK PAD
EZ CRÈME GLAZE - BLACK PAD
HD POXY – BLACK PAD
BM TIRE GEL – TIRES & TRIM
ZCS - WHEELS
LIPS WERE POLISHED – OWNER PROVIDED PRODUCT

The only “daytime” shot. The hood looked so creamy I had to take a picture of it.
This is after HD UNO on black pad.

AFTER EVERYTHING WAS DONE = TOO DARK

www.tdekany.com
Appreciate 0