E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > need some bay area help

01-17-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 09 AW e90 lci, 86 e30

Exclamation need some bay area help ***UPDATED 3/30/10***

UPDATE 3/30/2010!!!!

We waited and waited and finally SFPD FOUND THE GUY!!!!!

my friend whos lexus was bashed by the crazy driver, texted me today telling me that they found him. Apparently SFPD have been searching for a match on the vehicle ever since the incident. from what my friend told me is that after months of searching SFPD found a match and sent a letter to the guy, and i guess within the time span of the SFPD letter being sent, this guy filed claim with his insurance. mind you the incident happened mid january, this guy filed the claim earlier this month. apparently this guy had filed that my friend had road rage and hit him first from the rear. and on everything in my life i will vouch for my friends driving we never came close to hitting anyone or anything nor were we speeding, up to the point this guy came into the picture.

what i find amusing is this guy knows he is in deep shizz and now he is trying to put the whole thing on us. some questions that arose in my mind as well as my friends is "IF" we were first to engage then why didnt he call the cops and file a report?? why didnt he pull over?? we were forced to pull over because as shown in pics below the front left wheel and tire is no longer functional. and why did it take him so long to file a claim with the insurance about this incident?? i understand my word has a very small amount of credibility due my age and age of my friends (20s) but the cops that took the report can vouch for our soberness. only one of us in the group drank and he was a passenger who actually if anything saved my life and the drivers life because he jerked the wheel just in time to steer us away from the outside railing and wall.

so from here the insurance companies are going to "battle it out" and my friend is pressing charges but for some reason unknown to me its going to take 6-9months. hoping someone can clear that up for me. also im hoping they can pull the 911 call logs from that night because the call i had made was seconds before he hit us and the point of impact beacuse i was yelling at the operator "he just hit us!!!he just hit us!!" and there is also another call from our other friend in another car. so we have a few call logs to help us prove this guy was nutz.

now on that note i just learned that our police reports that include name phone number and addresses are all public so we are a bit uneasy about this psycho looking all of us up and have a pontential to do something crazy.=\.

just wondering what any of you might think would happen now?? id love some feedback from a police man or retired policeman on what happens in situations like this.

UPDATE !!!!PICS OF DAMAGE BELOW

Hey everyone,

I was just asking for helping trying to find this guy that practically tried to kill my friends and I. This guy tried to run my friends car and the car i was riding in off the road on January 16th around 230am. It all started after the 280 on ramp from 6th st in SF. This guy came from our right side and clipped the car i was riding in. and zoomed off. He then stopped before the 101s and 280s split. Hoping he would go on 280 we headed towards 101 but dude followed so we tried to go 280 and he followed as well we ended up on 280 south and for the longest time this guy would slam his breaks and try to make us hit him. he is also doing this to the other two cars we were with. One of the cars we were with decided to try and see the drivers face and drove up next to him and that point the guy starts getting into my friends lane and tried to run him off the road but luckily he brake and the guy missed him. we kept driving and this guy was in front now and he moves to the middle lane and slams his brake again. we swerve to miss him and we are now in the far right lane and the guy is in the 2nd lane from the left. He punches it and once he was almost side by side whe swerves two lanes across and rams the car i was in and tried pushing us to the wall/railing. we braked and he left and zoomed off. my friend drives a white lexus is250 and my other friend was in a scion xa and the other car was a civic si 8th gen. the car that tried to run us off the road i believe was a ford ranger pick up truck with tints. we didnt get the right plates of the truck because he had a tow hitch ball thing blocking the middle of the plates. but i am pretty sure it started of with "8E1XXXX" .

Please help us find this guy and put him in jail or at least help my friend out so she doesnt have to pay the deductible on her insurance. If you do see a car like this please get the license plate number and PM me the plates.This guy is seriously insane and should not be on the roads endagering anymore people.

Thank you for your help.

The color and overall look of the truck is like the below pic (should have major damage on the whole passenger side with white paint transfer);

**UPDATE 1/18/10 pics of damage**

Here is the pics of the damage;

Last edited by ohthejosh; 03-30-2010 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthejosh View Post
Hey everyone,

Just hoping some of you might be able to help my friend out. Last night my friends and i were on our way back from the city. we were on 280s and were involved in an accident. a blue ranger was going crazy all over the freeway specifically going after the car i was in and the other two cars my friedn were in. this guy would deliberately brake in front of us and try to make us hit him and would cut us off over and over. at one point this guy tried to push my friends car of the road luckily he did not hit him but unfortunately the car i was in was not that fortunate. he jammed his brakes again and once we moved lanes to avoid him he punched it and rammed our car to the side. my friend drives a white lexus is250. the guy was in a blue tealish ford ranger pick up truck with tints and i believe his licenst plated started with "8E1XXXX" there was a tow hitch in the way and he was swerving like crazy so we couldnt really get his whole plate. please if you see this truck around daly city to cow palace grab his whole plate and PM me or please notify a cop. this guy was really trying to kill us last night. thanks for your help.

car had exact same color as the one below; should have major damage with white paint transfer on its passenger side.

Wow... Psycho ass people... Glad you and your friend are okay. I'll be sure to keep my eye out while I'm on the road.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

Thanks! i think i may have reposted on the chat thread. ill just link it to this thread.

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

edited the OP for a better clarification.

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

Also if anyone is a part of the Lexus IS forum if they can repost this there and have them help out too. if my friend posts pics of the damage ill post em up also.

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2x 2003 332i, 2020 M2CS

Garage List
Holy crap that's insane! You guys are really lucky he didn't cause anything worse. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

Yea that was the craziest thing ive been through. But thanks keeping an eye out. but seriously i hope somebody sees this guy and put him off the roads. if he pushed our car any furhter we couldve been sandwhiched with the wall or may spin out or flip i dont know but he needs a mental evaluation for sure.

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
cyberkaa
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I would have been pretty shocked! Any idea what set him off in the first place? First thing that popped into my mind was maybe he was drunk/angry.

-
Quote:
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

my friend in the civic said we went in his lane but didnt really cut him off. maybe he was drunk also and just decide to go crazy? i dont know we werent speeding around or anything. just plain crazy for trying to kill people in three different cars =\

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Dr.phuOnger?
*BluRp*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

police report filed?

since you have a make and model and partial plate it would be easier for the police to identify
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

yepp did the whole thing with the report. cop said they might have a match and went to check but havent called my friend back. i really wish we got the plate right. there is no doubt in my mind that this guy really wanted to kill us or due some serious harm. we really dont need that guy on the freeway. luckily he didnt have a gun to do one of those freeway shootings

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

meant to post a message last night that this subject deserved its own thread, so i moved the posts, but then bimmerpost went down for maintenance and i went to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.phuOnger? View Post
police report filed?

since you have a make and model and partial plate it would be easier for the police to identify
+1

good luck with the search for this jerk!
      01-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

thanks all we can do is play the waiting game. we were kinda scared on the shoulder cuz we thought he mightve tried to circle and finish the job while we were on the shoulder so we slowly moved the car to the chevron on san jose ave at the next exit so we would be on camera there. lol

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
phazedkid
e92
Rep
Drives: e92

holy crap dude. good thing you and your friends walked away without much hard. I'll def keep an eye for a ranger like that
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
amsfighter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid7

sorry to hear about your situation. something similar happened to me awhile back, although no where near as serious as your story. Now I keep my trusty 1911 w/me just in case... hope they find the a-hole.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

thanks we need all the eyes we can get! i wanna get this guy off roads forever

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
On the job. Lets find him...

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

bump

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #19
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

Thanks i really hope someone sees that car tho. bump for safety of others=]

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #20
ohthejosh
Private
Indonesia
Rep

bump. for those who read this thread when i first posted long read but i believe worth it.

bmw my first love
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
cyberkaa
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So brutal.

Glad they caught the guy.

-
Quote:
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Really sucks about what happened but thankfully they caught the guy.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0