E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Looking for Atlantic Canadian members

09-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Looking for Atlantic Canadian members

Anyone?
      12-15-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Still looking...
      12-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
nothern
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe ordered

Hi, how's it going! Haven't seen many on the forum from our neck of the woods.
Alex
Corner Brook, NL.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothern
Hi, how's it going! Haven't seen many on the forum from our neck of the woods.
Alex
Corner Brook, NL.
Oh sweet, Corner Brook - I've got friends and family from there. My mom's from Grand Falls. We spent a lot of summers vacationing in Newfoundland.

Did you get your e90 here in Halifax and drive it over?
      12-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
nothern
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

I don’t have the 328i yet, thinking about ordering it in February (guess I should have clarified that a little better in my profile). I am still trying to decide whether to go with the 328i or 335i coupe. The reliability of the twin turbo is a big concern as I plan to keep the car for a few years after the warranty runs out. I have made a few general inquires to a number of dealerships; trying to do my home work before I finally decide on the exact car. I’ll then start negotiating with a dealership.
Did you get your 330 in Halifax? If you did, how are they to deal with? I will probably buy the car without even sitting in it, let alone driving it. How is it to drive? Is it as much of a driver’s car as everyone says it is? I currently have a Mazda Miata and a Toyota Camry; they are on both ends of the driving spectrum. I am assuming the 328 will be close to the handling of the Miata and the ride of the Camry.
Is their bimmer club or group you know of in NS. Be nice to get together some time, or if you ever come over to the island Gros Morne National Park is a great drive if you get the right weather.

Last edited by nothern; 12-17-2006 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 05:45 AM   #6
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothern
I don’t have the 328i yet, thinking about ordering it in February (guess I should have clarified that a little better in my profile). I am still trying to decide whether to go with the 328i or 335i coupe. The reliability of the twin turbo is a big concern as I plan to keep the car for a few years after the warranty runs out. I have made a few general inquires to a number of dealerships; trying to do my home work before I finally decide on the exact car. I’ll then start negotiating with a dealership.
Did you get your 330 in Halifax? If you did, how are they to deal with? I will probably buy the car without even sitting in it, let alone driving it. How is it to drive? Is it as much of a driver’s car as everyone says it is? I currently have a Mazda Miata and a Toyota Camry; they are on both ends of the driving spectrum. I am assuming the 328 will be close to the handling of the Miata and the ride of the Camry.
Is their bimmer club or group you know of in NS. Be nice to get together some time, or if you ever come over to the island Gros Morne National Park is a great drive if you get the right weather.
Yep, got the 330i sedan here in Halifax. I did shop around to dealerships in Quebec and Ontario via email, mostly to improve my bargaining position with the Halifax dealership. When I came back to the local dealership with a dozen quotes, they eventually hooked me up with a better deal.

My salesperson (Cheryl Young) was great! She was really down to earth and not snotty like the other salespeople. A coworker of mine recently bought a 530i there through Celia Cox and he hated her. I can put you in touch with Cheryl if you'd like.

In my opinion, the dealership as a whole sucks. Cheryl was great, but otherwise, not so much. The parts guy doesn't know nearly as much about the e90 and it's accessories as even I do from reading this post. Their accessory prices are borderline criminal, and I've gotten everything I need outside of the dealership. From talking to "car guys" here in Halifax, they say the same thing, especially about the owner, Ed - they say he's a greedy D**K.

All that being said, if you're only dealings with the dealership is the purchase, then you should be fine with Cheryl.

As far as the car goes, I couldn't ask for anything more! Everything you read about the handling and performance is true. The transmission is smooth, steering precise and responsive, and so tight and strong around corners (with the sport package suspension, can't comment otherwise). My previous car was an Acura RSX Type-S, which was fun to drive, but doesn't come close to the e90. I've never driven a Miata, so I probably couldn't speak intelligently about a comparison.

There is a NS chapter of the BMW club of canada, called the bluenose chapter. I haven't joined or anything, but I'm considering getting out to one of their events in the spring to see what it's all about. However, I get the feeing from their website that it's older folks and yuppy couples. The driving school, however, brings out the enthusiasts, so I'll probably try that at some point.

I'd love to go for a fun drive in NFLD if I get over with the e90. If I do, I'll let you know. If you're coming down here, or driving home with your e92, definitely hit the cabot trail in cape breton if you're looking for fun drive!
      12-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 328xi & 2008 E90 335i

Member living in Halifax here. I got all my bimmers in Sherbrooke( where I am from) Quebec from the same salesman (great guy). I will get the e91 in April. I am not a member of the Bluenose club. I try to deal with the local dealer as little as possible, they do not inspire me any confidence.

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
2007 E91 328xi | Black Sapphire | Terra | ALuminium | ZKO | ZKI | ZPL
Past Cars: 2004 ///M3, 2002 E46 330xi, 2003 GTI 1.8T, 1996 Neon
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
nothern
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Hi ElCapitian.
Welcome aboard. Were gaining momentum, there are three of us now. Keep n touch guys.
Alex
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #9
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan
Member living in Halifax here. I got all my bimmers in Sherbrooke( where I am from) Quebec from the same salesman (great guy). I will get the e91 in April. I am not a member of the Bluenose club. I try to deal with the local dealer as little as possible, they do not inspire me any confidence.
Welcome ElCapitan! I haven't been a big fan of the dealership here either outside of my salesperson, she's been great.

You say you're getting an e91 in April..do you mean the e92? The e92 is the coupe and the e91 is the wagon. Or are you getting a wagon in addition to your 328xiT?
      01-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw
Welcome ElCapitan! I haven't been a big fan of the dealership here either outside of my salesperson, she's been great.

You say you're getting an e91 in April..do you mean the e92? The e92 is the coupe and the e91 is the wagon. Or are you getting a wagon in addition to your 328xiT?
No e92. I haven't got the 328xiT yet. I drive my e46 330xi for the moment until I can alternate with the e91 when we will get it in April. I will drive mostly the e46 M3 in the coming summer weather permitting.

Cheers.

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
AC53
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 / Volvo S60 2.5TAWD

Quote:
Anyone?
Hi Hawkshaw:

I've just joined. Work in Halifax, live in Bedford.

I've got a Volvo S60 that comes off lease the end of March and looking at the E92 as a replacement. I want an E92 335i but I've got an E90 328i budget , so I'm trying to figure a way to bridge the gap.

Been a member of the Bluenose Chapter of the BMW Club of Canada for the past 5 years. Organized their involvement in last years Quinpool Road Car Show (you interested in putting your car in this year?).

You're right that there are many older members (I'm no spring chicken), but there are also quite a few in their 30's and 20's. Some who race professionally. Few that I'd describe as YUPPIE couples. The club activities are really driven by member interest, so anyone who has an idea and the energy/commitment to get it off the ground would likely be supported. Here's a list of potential activities that are being looked at for 07:
January - Movie night (likely the James Garner classic Grand Prix @ AC Dispensing's in-house theatre)
February - Annual General Meeting (followed by a movie?)
March - Tech Talk - Geoff (followed by a movie?)
April - 10 Up (should be mid-late April for weather)
May - Halifax BMW Test Drives
June - Driving School
July - Quinpool Road Car Show
August - Wine Tour
September - Driving School
October - Autumn Tour w or w/o BTANS

Nothing spectacular, but most of my time is taken up with competing in the local/regional AutoSlalom events and the June and September Driving Schools. As I mentioned, we're always open to more interesting activities, just need someone with time & energy.

You should definitely consider the Driving Schools. There is absolutely nothing like them and there is no better track in North America than our own Atlantic Motorsport Park to hone your skills (2.5km, 11turns, 90'+ elevation change). I just started being an instructor last year, but they have some of the best instructors available anywhere. One instructs at BMW's NA Headquarters in Spartanburg, two others regularly have 1st and 2nd place finishes racing at tracks such as Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Road Atlanta. We've got a former National B/SP AutoSlalom Champion, and other credentials.

Regards, Alan
Sponsors: Amsoil, Bimmerworld When only the best will do!
07 Lincoln MKZ AWD - 263 HP & 249 ft/lbs TQ
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #12
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Welcome Alan.

Nice M3.

I might consider attending the June Driving school. Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #13
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Coles
Hi Hawkshaw:

I've just joined. Work in Halifax, live in Bedford.

I've got a Volvo S60 that comes off lease the end of March and looking at the E92 as a replacement. I want an E92 335i but I've got an E90 328i budget , so I'm trying to figure a way to bridge the gap.

Been a member of the Bluenose Chapter of the BMW Club of Canada for the past 5 years. Organized their involvement in last years Quinpool Road Car Show (you interested in putting your car in this year?).

You're right that there are many older members (I'm no spring chicken), but there are also quite a few in their 30's and 20's. Some who race professionally. Few that I'd describe as YUPPIE couples. The club activities are really driven by member interest, so anyone who has an idea and the energy/commitment to get it off the ground would likely be supported. Here's a list of potential activities that are being looked at for 07:
January - Movie night (likely the James Garner classic Grand Prix @ AC Dispensing's in-house theatre)
February - Annual General Meeting (followed by a movie?)
March - Tech Talk - Geoff (followed by a movie?)
April - 10 Up (should be mid-late April for weather)
May - Halifax BMW Test Drives
June - Driving School
July - Quinpool Road Car Show
August - Wine Tour
September - Driving School
October - Autumn Tour w or w/o BTANS

Nothing spectacular, but most of my time is taken up with competing in the local/regional AutoSlalom events and the June and September Driving Schools. As I mentioned, we're always open to more interesting activities, just need someone with time & energy.

You should definitely consider the Driving Schools. There is absolutely nothing like them and there is no better track in North America than our own Atlantic Motorsport Park to hone your skills (2.5km, 11turns, 90'+ elevation change). I just started being an instructor last year, but they have some of the best instructors available anywhere. One instructs at BMW's NA Headquarters in Spartanburg, two others regularly have 1st and 2nd place finishes racing at tracks such as Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Road Atlanta. We've got a former National B/SP AutoSlalom Champion, and other credentials.

Regards, Alan
Hey Alan,

Thanks for all the great info on the Bluenose club. I've definitely thought about the driving school - do you have to be a member of the Bluenose club to participate? I don't know how much time/interest I would have for all of the other activities.

Quite the dilemma for your upcoming vehicle exchange. From everything I've read, the 335 is sick. So, if you don't have the budget, don't even test drive it - too heartbreaking! I was pissed when I learned about the e90 335i 3 months after taking delivery of my e90 330i. If I knew it was coming, I would have waited. Although, over time I've come to the conclusion that I love my 330, and no matter what I get there's always something better around the corner (can you say 2008 e90 M3?).

I saw my first live version of the e92 335i in the parking garage here at work the other day (with the same ASA JH3 winter rims that I've got). I'm down in Purdy's Wharf and I consistently see an e90 325xi, e90 330xi, and now the e92 335i kicking around the lot. To the best of my knowledge, none of them are on e90post.com, but then again, I'm sure a small minority of e90/91/92/93 owners are actually here.

Do you have your heart set on the coupe? I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a smoking deal on an e90 330 if still on their lot come march. A little more power than the 328, but the 2 extra doors may not be what you want. FYI, my sales person was Cheryl Young and she was fabulous! Overall, not too happy with the dealership - they come off as super cheesy and way overpriced for service and parts. I got all of my aftermarket parts online and got Martin over at Halifax Autosport to do the installs.
      01-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
AC53
Private
Canada
Rep

Thanks Jeff. I'll remember to post info on the June School here. Even if you and Hawkshaw don't do the June school you should drive out and watch some of it. Like looking at the 335i Coupe it can be addictive.

Hawkshaw, no need to have any other involvement in the club other than membership ($5x.xx/yr) to do the schools. It's a requirement in order to be covered under the event insurance coverage that's provided.

BTW, it's one of the only times you can drive your street car on a race track and have your full auto insurance in effect. Fortunately, it's rarely been needed (IIRC 3 times in the last 25 years, twice in the last 10), but having written off a previous street car at another (non-BMW) track event your damn happy to have it when needed.

My dilemma, E92 328i vs 335i, has gotten worse as the only way I can see to swing it would be to sell the M3. If I do that then I could get 80-85% of the kick that I get from the M3, have my wife much happier with me and perhaps retire before I'm 75.

I'm not 100% tied to getting an E92 but 80-90%. Just love the look, while the E90 is great the E92 is really great. Unfortunately the E90 330i won't work for me as their residuals aren't high enough. I've got an ex, current spouse, teenage kids - oldest just started university, new house, and three cars, so leasing is my only option.

I'm dealing with Cam (Campbell Harbord, their Sales Manager). I know most of the people there and while many are nice the dealership itself really is making more people upset than happy. If they weren't the only BMW Shop in the region they'd likely be out of business or change their ways. I've known Martin for some time now but get my work done at All Euro Automotive, Bedford. Darren was Halifax BMW's top tech for 10+ years before he left to do his own shop. $60/hr and better/more BMW experience than anyone else in the area make him hard to resist. The fact that he's my neighbour and a car enthusiast (99 M3, 911 Targa, 70 Roadrunner) also adds to the mix.

My offices are in Cogswell Tower. We should meet up sometime.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #15
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I have dealt with All Euro before. You are right Darren is great. I agree also about the local dealership, a lot of good people there but the place as a whole is not so great.

Another small reason why I bought all my bimmers in my home town are the details such as the test drives. Maybe it is because Halifax BMW doesn't know me well enough (and they all know me) but at home I can test drive alone any unsold car they have on the lot for several hours to a full day if I want. Also, they provide loaners (BMW and non-BMW) for when your car is in service).

My limitted experience at Halifax BMW did not provide me the same perks. For this reason, I took advantage of a trip back home during the holiday to have the Inspection II (long service) performed on my E46 330xi and I had a brand new E90 338xi MT for extended test drive/loaner since I comtemplated buying an E90 328xiT MT (which I ordered)

I am definitely interested in the June track day school. Post some info as soon as you get some details because I have heard that spots are filling up quickly.

Great chatting with you guys.

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #16
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks Jeff. I'll remember to post info on the June School here. Even if you and Hawkshaw don't do the June school you should drive out and watch some of it. Like looking at the 335i Coupe it can be addictive.

Hawkshaw, no need to have any other involvement in the club other than membership ($5x.xx/yr) to do the schools. It's a requirement in order to be covered under the event insurance coverage that's provided.

BTW, it's one of the only times you can drive your street car on a race track and have your full auto insurance in effect. Fortunately, it's rarely been needed (IIRC 3 times in the last 25 years, twice in the last 10), but having written off a previous street car at another (non-BMW) track event your damn happy to have it when needed.

My dilemma, E92 328i vs 335i, has gotten worse as the only way I can see to swing it would be to sell the M3. If I do that then I could get 80-85% of the kick that I get from the M3, have my wife much happier with me and perhaps retire before I'm 75.

I'm not 100% tied to getting an E92 but 80-90%. Just love the look, while the E90 is great the E92 is really great. Unfortunately the E90 330i won't work for me as their residuals aren't high enough. I've got an ex, current spouse, teenage kids - oldest just started university, new house, and three cars, so leasing is my only option.

I'm dealing with Cam (Campbell Harbord, their Sales Manager). I know most of the people there and while many are nice the dealership itself really is making more people upset than happy. If they weren't the only BMW Shop in the region they'd likely be out of business or change their ways. I've known Martin for some time now but get my work done at All Euro Automotive, Bedford. Darren was Halifax BMW's top tech for 10+ years before he left to do his own shop. $60/hr and better/more BMW experience than anyone else in the area make him hard to resist. The fact that he's my neighbour and a car enthusiast (99 M3, 911 Targa, 70 Roadrunner) also adds to the mix.

My offices are in Cogswell Tower. We should meet up sometime.
Wow, thanks for all the great info Alan!

If you were buying the 335, I'd say sell the M3. However, if you sell the M3 to get into a lease on the 335, then you've got nada when your lease comes up. Given all the info, my advice (and it's only one man's opinion) would be to go with the e92 328 coupe and keep the M3. The e92 would turn some heads and the M3 will still keep 'em in the dust!

As El Capitan said, keep us in the loop for the driving school, it might be worth the membership fee. I also might check out the shop you mentioned for my next service. Truth be told, I'm not 100% satisfied with my OEM rear trunk spoiler installation, so maybe I'll take it to your guy for his opinion.

As far as meeting up goes, would love to get a look at that M3, unless of course it's been shelved for the season. I took advantage of the mild weather for a good wash & detail of my exterior today, and went for a short cruise around the city. The interior needs a little love though!
      01-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #17
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow, thanks for all the great info Alan!

If you were buying the 335, I'd say sell the M3. However, if you sell the M3 to get into a lease on the 335, then you've got nada when your lease comes up. Given all the info, my advice (and it's only one man's opinion) would be to go with the e92 328 coupe and keep the M3. The e92 would turn some heads and the M3 will still keep 'em in the dust!

As El Capitan said, keep us in the loop for the driving school, it might be worth the membership fee. I also might check out the shop you mentioned for my next service. Truth be told, I'm not 100% satisfied with my OEM rear trunk spoiler installation, so maybe I'll take it to your guy for his opinion.

As far as meeting up goes, would love to get a look at that M3, unless of course it's been shelved for the season. I took advantage of the mild weather for a good wash & detail of my exterior today, and went for a short cruise around the city. The interior needs a little love though!
I don't know if All Euro do a lot of bodywork cosmetic stuff. They are more for general mecanic work. For your spoiler I suggest to go see Kelvin owner of Chapman Autobody on Agricola Street. They are recommended by Halifax BMW and I can say that they are top notch.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #18
AC53
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
...would love to get a look at that M3, unless of course it's been shelved for the season...
Unfortunately, it's been sitting in my garage, up in the air on blocks since August. I put an awesome Sun Performance Engines Stage II head on it in August. Performance springs, ported & polished, Ferra valves, etc. They build a lot of the Speed TV World Challenge BMW engines. Unfortunately, I had the valves get way to "up-close-and-personal" with the pistons on the back straight at AMP - took out 3 valves and 2 pistons at about 170 km/h :mad: . Just pulled the engine on Saturday and it's now completely disassembled. Not sure if I'll be able to bore it out enough to save the block it looks like it will need more than 0.020" and I've got conflicting reports as to whether one can go +20 or +40 on that block as BMW already bored it out to make it 3.0L and it's actually already +20 over the 3.2L in stock size. I'll find that out later today. Measurements later this week will either confirm my suspicions of what cause the failure or disprove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan
I don't know if All Euro do a lot of bodywork cosmetic stuff. They are more for general mecanic work. For your spoiler I suggest to go see Kelvin owner of Chapman Autobody on Agricola Street. They are recommended by Halifax BMW and I can say that they are top notch.
Jeff is correct that they don't do anything much in the way of bodywork/cosmetics outside of trim work etc. So it might be something that's outside their comfort zone. Kelvin's work is good, as is Andy Hill's (Coachworks). Kelvin used to run the body shop at Chapman Motors (now Halifax Volvo/Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche) back when Halifax BMW was housed in the same facilities. Because of that he was doing all the BMW work as well. When he broke that end of the business out as a separate company he kept the name and the relationships with the dealers.

I've seen the work they've done on replacing the entire front ends on a 540 and a new 6 series Coupe that had less that 12k on IIRC, when the owner tore half the front end off it. Their work is good.

Regards, Alan
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Unfortunately, it's been sitting in my garage, up in the air on blocks since August. I put an awesome Sun Performance Engines Stage II head on it in August. Performance springs, ported & polished, Ferra valves, etc. They build a lot of the Speed TV World Challenge BMW engines. Unfortunately, I had the valves get way to "up-close-and-personal" with the pistons on the back straight at AMP - took out 3 valves and 2 pistons at about 170 km/h :mad: . Just pulled the engine on Saturday and it's now completely disassembled. Not sure if I'll be able to bore it out enough to save the block it looks like it will need more than 0.020" and I've got conflicting reports as to whether one can go +20 or +40 on that block as BMW already bored it out to make it 3.0L and it's actually already +20 over the 3.2L in stock size. I'll find that out later today. Measurements later this week will either confirm my suspicions of what cause the failure or disprove it.
Ouch! I don't know what I'd do if that were me. First of all, I have no where near the expertise nor desire to get my hands dirty fixing my own engine, I'd have to pay someone. Secondly, I guess that rules out the "selling the M3" option, unless you can get a decent return on someone buying it without a functioning engine!

Quote:
Jeff is correct that they don't do anything much in the way of bodywork/cosmetics outside of trim work etc. So it might be something that's outside their comfort zone. Kelvin's work is good, as is Andy Hill's (Coachworks). Kelvin used to run the body shop at Chapman Motors (now Halifax Volvo/Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche) back when Halifax BMW was housed in the same facilities. Because of that he was doing all the BMW work as well. When he broke that end of the business out as a separate company he kept the name and the relationships with the dealers.

I've seen the work they've done on replacing the entire front ends on a 540 and a new 6 series Coupe that had less that 12k on IIRC, when the owner tore half the front end off it. Their work is good.

Regards, Alan
It's not even that involved, I could probably do it myself. From what I've read here on the forum, the spoiler isn't sitting flush with the trunk because Halifax Autosport used a couple of screws to help secure the spoiler. Everyone here says that it goes on without needing screws, just some Betalink. So, I wonder how much work it would be for me to remove it, plug the holes, and re-mount with just some Betalink.

You guys have any suggestions?
      01-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #20
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's not even that involved, I could probably do it myself. From what I've read here on the forum, the spoiler isn't sitting flush with the trunk because Halifax Autosport used a couple of screws to help secure the spoiler. Everyone here says that it goes on without needing screws, just some Betalink. So, I wonder how much work it would be for me to remove it, plug the holes, and re-mount with just some Betalink.

You guys have any suggestions?
I wouldn't how to do it myself. I tell you this though, I would be pretty pissed if someone drilled unecessary holes in my car.

On a more constructing note I would see Kelvin at Chapman if it were me.

Good luck with that keep us posted.

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #21
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's my own fault the installation went as it did. I assumed the shop knew what they were doing and I trusted their judgement. It wasn't until after the installation I read a bunch of posts on here and learned that the screws weren't necessary.

I might drop Chapman's a note explaining the situation and getting a quote from them for the work. It just sucks that I might end up paying for the installation twice. It's not a major issue, obviously, but the spoiler not quite sitting flush on the trunk lit is starting to drive me crazy!
      01-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
FYI to the Halifax guys...you'll be happy to know that I had no troubles getting home in the snow yesterday. My first real venture out into the slippery stuff with the e90 and snow tires and didn't even come close to getting stuck or sliding out anywhere. Left work around 6pm, so the roads were super greasy, but traffic wasn't bad. So, I'm happy to give a positive review for the e90 in snowy conditions.

El Capitain, I'm sure your xiT will rip through the sh** no problem.