BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

1st serious problem

3 weeks ago my Coolant lowlight came on abrubtly couple times and after I stop and restart my car it went away. I was a lil worried so took it to the dealer and they identified a small leak on the upper radiator hose, and replaced it.

Yesterday, I was getting my 1st out of pocket oil change. @6000miles. While waiting for my car in the showroom and sitting in M6.. My SA approached me and gave the bad news.

They found coolant residue that seems to be fresh. They didn't let me drive my car and they were nice enough to give me a loaner 535i. Today, I picked up my car and the problem was identified as follows;

***Coolant Leak is present. Full-flow filter body leaking. Pressure test system found coolant leaking from the gasket for the oil filter housing.

In addition to this, my SA told me that when car was hot, gasket was actually sealing in and not leaking however, it was leaking when it is cold. So they end up replacing the gasket, Bleding the system and pressure test it again to verify. It was all good.

I wanted to share this, since I might be the very 1st one ended up with this issue..

Thanks.

Last edited by Evice; 10-22-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
mleskovar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
***Coolant Leak is present. Full-flow filter body leaking. Pressure test system found coolant leaking from the gasket for the oil filter housing. .
Was it leaking coolant into the oil?
Appreciate 0