E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BSH Catch Can - In Development

08-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

BSH Catch Can - In Development

I have my car in this shop and they are mocking up a Catch Can for our cars.

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php

They wanted some input from guys who are interested in purchasing once completed.

Would you prefer a quick drain system that has a line running down to the bumper area with a drain valve on the side of the can, or would you prefer to save a few bucks and have the drain mounted to the bottom of the can. The bottom mount will require the clamp that holds the can in place to be loosened so the bottom can be accessed.

I say, run a line down to the bumper ... this would be so easy to service. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by RipsE92; 08-31-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Simple and cheap and lightweight. You only have to empty it 3 or 4 times a year.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep
Drives: girls krazy

I just want it to do a good job, easy install, and not cost nearly as much as a Mckinney catch can.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump for pictures. The first picture shows the side drain and the bottom drain. I still like the side drain with drain tube.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Awesome! I've got their stage 2 CAI on my girl's MKV GTI and they make some really nice stuff!

Can't wait for the results!
      08-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
BSH Speedshop
Rep
Drives: All Turbo's

Hi Rick! Thanks for making this post. We have been taking quite a few measurements off of your car and have determined that one of our pre existing catch cans will not be the way to go for this platform. We have designed a new catch can specific to the engine in order to provide OEM looks and fitment.

We'll keep you posted, today is all about solidworks and cnc code. Then the fun begins! Hope you enjoyed seeing our shop!

-Phill
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

not a bad lookin unit..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Keep us posted. I also like the drain tube idea.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
krapnoj
IG: krapm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Prius

Subscribed.

Oh very nice!

I am definitely interested.

IG: krapm3
2010 E90 SSII M3 -ZPP/ZTT/6MT-Found: 5/2012
Turner Testpipes/Stage 2 - Corsa Exhaust - Bilstein B16 - BBS LM - BBK - AutoSolutions SSK
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

Lookin' good!

Def intrested in Pricing!

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Crazy AWD
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive

Definitely interested, would have to know where in the engine bay it would be mounted (air intake and different charge pipe/diverters take up all of the space on the driver’s side).
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

is there any baffling in this catch can or is it hollow like the riss can?
      09-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
is there any baffling in this catch can or is it hollow like the riss can?
There is baffling .... this place does it right!

BSH recirculating catch can systems catch oil vapors and still fully meet emission requirements. Internally the incoming vapor is forced to make a 120* turn through a high volume chamber baffled with aluminum mesh that forces oil vapors to condense and to separate from the air as it passes through. This oil then falls into the gut of the can and can be drained easily at your convenience.

Stage 2 + Kit Includes:
The full stage 2+ kit comes complete with every bit of hardware needed to install. This covers the catch can, bracket, CNC guidance block, manifold blockoff, PCV adapter, all aluminum fittings, lines, drain valve, dip stick and nuts and bolts.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsE92 View Post
There is baffling .... this place does it right!

BSH recirculating catch can systems catch oil vapors and still fully meet emission requirements. Internally the incoming vapor is forced to make a 120* turn through a high volume chamber baffled with aluminum mesh that forces oil vapors to condense and to separate from the air as it passes through. This oil then falls into the gut of the can and can be drained easily at your convenience.

Stage 2 + Kit Includes:
The full stage 2+ kit comes complete with every bit of hardware needed to install. This covers the catch can, bracket, CNC guidance block, manifold blockoff, PCV adapter, all aluminum fittings, lines, drain valve, dip stick and nuts and bolts.

stage 2+ catch can....lol

love it
      09-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #15
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

that's fantastic, now please don't tell me it's going to be expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

ok just saw price. no thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrulz View Post
ok just saw price. no thanks.
$329.99... wow. +1
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6.2L F-150 Raptor

We are very proud to be working with BSH on this kit and can't wait for this part to be released. Having worked with them for the past few years we have seen the ease of installation, function and quality are second to none. This is consistent with every product they make and the N54 catch can will be no different.

The kits that BSH has released for the 2.0T engines found in the MkV GTI, Audi A3 and Audi B7 A4 have been some of the best selling products we've carried and all our customer who went this route never looked back.

Don't be alarmed by that price. The Volkswagen kits required a TON of billet aluminum pieces to install on the car. Luckily for you guys the BMW kits are less complex which means lower price. We've taken a look at current kits on the market and we feel the price for the BSH unit will be very much in line with the rest especially considering this is a COMPLETE kit.

We will be running an introductory special on these catch can kits once they are ready which will be very soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineMotorworks View Post
We are very proud to be working with BSH on this kit and can't wait for this part to be released. Having worked with them for the past few years we have seen the ease of installation, function and quality are second to none. This is consistent with every product they make and the N54 catch can will be no different.

The kits that BSH has released for the 2.0T engines found in the MkV GTI, Audi A3 and Audi B7 A4 have been some of the best selling products we've carried and all our customer who went this route never looked back.

Don't be alarmed by that price. The Volkswagen kits required a TON of billet aluminum pieces to install on the car. Luckily for you guys the BMW kits are less complex which means lower price. We've taken a look at current kits on the market and we feel the price for the BSH unit will be very much in line with the rest especially considering this is a COMPLETE kit.

We will be running an introductory special on these catch can kits once they are ready which will be very soon.

That price point is absurd. To even think that it is in line with other catch cans is ridiculous. Catch cans shouldn't be more than 50 bucks, plain and simple.

How many customers did BSH assume they would capture when it's worth twice as much as the Mckinney catch can? People complain about 130 for a catch can and somehow your company thinks it's reasonable? no.

good luck and hopefully for your sake, you'll capture enough of the gullible to keep this section of your business afloat.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #20
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That price point is absurd. To even think that it is in line with other catch cans is ridiculous. Catch cans shouldn't be more than 50 bucks, plain and simple.

How many customers did BSH assume they would capture when it's worth twice as much as the Mckinney catch can? People complain about 130 for a catch can and somehow your company thinks it's reasonable? no.

good luck and hopefully for your sake, you'll capture enough of the gullible to keep this section of your business afloat.
"Don't be alarmed by that price. The Volkswagen kits required a TON of billet aluminum pieces to install on the car. Luckily for you guys the BMW kits are less complex which means lower price. We've taken a look at current kits on the market and we feel the price for the BSH unit will be very much in line with the rest especially considering this is a COMPLETE kit."

With that said, the N54 catch can price will not be $329. It will be much lower than that.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineMotorworks View Post
"Don't be alarmed by that price. The Volkswagen kits required a TON of billet aluminum pieces to install on the car. Luckily for you guys the BMW kits are less complex which means lower price. We've taken a look at current kits on the market and we feel the price for the BSH unit will be very much in line with the rest especially considering this is a COMPLETE kit."

With that said, the N54 catch can price will not be $329. It will be much lower than that.
What's much lower? And why would you advertise that price in the first place? Even if you dropped it in half, that's a stupid marketing ploy. Act as if we're getting a deal, but we're still paying top dollar.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What's much lower? And why would you advertise that price in the first place? Even if you dropped it in half, that's a stupid marketing ploy. Act as if we're getting a deal, but we're still paying top dollar.
I think there is a bit of confusion here. That price of $329.99 is NOT for the BMW kit. It's for the current 2.0T FSI kit for the VW and Audi. The price comparison is completely irrelevant since the kits will be very different.

This kit is still in production. We never posted any prices to begin with. This thread is purely for information prior to its release. We will have pricing shortly.
Appreciate 0