E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Ordering soon...

07-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
djalap
Rep
Drives: Pending

Ordering soon...

Hey Guys,

I am about to order a new 328I coupe. (I used to have a 2000 328i sedan).

Just trying to get an idea on if the price I am getting is good.

It's 328i Coupe, Alpine White w/ Red Coral leather, has the premium package, heated front seats, manual transmission, ipod/usb adapter, and comfort access system.

MSRP works out to $42,075. Invoice is said to be $38,730.

I have gotten couple quotes for between $39,300-$39600.

Is this a good price? Should I push for closer to invoice, as well as some all-weather mats and wheel locks? Any options that are a must have on this vehicle? Any other relevant info that you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Thomas_76
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i LeMans Blue M-sport

I think it all depends on how competitive the pricing is based on where you live. I think 500 over invoice is a good deal. If you can get floor mats on top of that it would be an even better deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
djalap
Rep
Drives: Pending

I live in Central NJ. Not really sure if thats a good or bad thing when it comes to buying a bmw?

I was already given a price of $39,300, so $500 over invoice should not be a problem when I get to the dealer. I was hoping for something like $38,800 + mats and wheel locks.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Thomas_76
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i LeMans Blue M-sport

No way are you getting that deal. The dealer is gonna lose money and last I heard dealerships are usually in it to make money. The economy sucks but it isn't that bad!! The best you can hope for is invoice and what you are wishing for is a few hundred below invoice. The dealers themselves don't get free mats.

I'd take the 500 and call it a day. You're already paying 40k for a car, 500 more isn't gonna kill you and probably isn't worth the time and effort fighting over.

You can also look at ordering a BMW online too since I heard you can get it for invoice without much negotiation. Forgot the site name though. I believe the dealership is in Baltimore, don't know how far that is from you though.
Appreciate 0