BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
SD135i
aka Trevorsd
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i AT

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Daniel@RissRacing - Repost from E90

This should be in both forums so I'm adding my review here as well:

Preface:
I got my 135i in March and have been going crazy mod'ng the thing. Recently I got in on the Helix FMIC group buy and ordered a set of AR Design CL DPs. As it worked out they both arrived about the same time and so the search was on to find a reputable mechanic/shop that I could trust with my baby.

I called all around San Diego for quotes on the install and was disappointed when the best I got was $635 and most of the guys I spoke with didn't know the car at all and wanted to do it on an hourly basis

Review:
So a buddy of mine put me in contact with Daniel. We spoke yesterday and Daniel got me in this morning to do the install. I couldn't believe he got me in so quickly! Even better, Daniel has done dozens of the Down Pipe installs and he and the crew were very familiar with the Helix Intercooler. Good thing, the Helix is huge and not an easy install!

Since I live in SD it was about an hour drive up to the shop (I drive fast). Riss has a great place. They have a comfortable waiting area with WiFi. This was perfect since I worked on my laptop while Daniel did the install.

As Daniel completed each major piece of the install he brought me in to show me the work and let me ohhh and awww at my car. I don't get to see that view very often The Helix FMIC barely fit lol. I don't know how he got the thing in there but damn, it and the DPs look great! The entire install only took 4 hours. I won't say what Daniel charged me but it was significantly less than the previous estimates and worth every penny for his professional work.

Had I known Riss Racing was this great I would have purchased their DPs rather than the AR Design DPs. Oh yea, I thought it was pretty cool that they didn't give me a hard time about installing a competitor's product. Very professional.

All that said, Daniel and Riss Racing have a client for life.

Thanks Daniel!
Appreciate 0