E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > * Sizes of Speakers In a Non Logic 7 2009 E93

06-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
ppenguin
Rep
Drives: X3 now

* Sizes of Speakers In a Non Logic 7 2009 E93

I have a E93 that I just got and I am considering the BSW set if it ever comes out but I wanted to know how I can find the sizes of the speakers so I can look at other options. How does the crossover system work as most high end speakers will have their own crossover networks. I have the idrive system and only want to replace speakers, not a whole new setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

You do not really have a good option that way at present. Your options are to add an amp downstream of the L7 amp, and then add whatever speakers you want, or to add speakers and try your luck (probably bad).

Shallow 100mm in the doors, 1" tweeters, and 200mm flat drivers underseat.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
ppenguin
Rep
Drives: X3 now

Actually I don't have the L7 option. I just want to replace the speakers and add a sub and am just trying to figure out the sizes. BSW looks like some top quality stuff but I would also like to see what a comparable Boston Acoustics or Infinity setup would be. Main problem I am seeing is that the factory already has them crossed over and most of the hi end component will have their own crossover's.
Appreciate 0