E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > PDC stopped beeping

08-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

PDC stopped beeping

This may sound like a blessing to some, but my PDC (park distance control)stopped beeping when it is activated. I tried adjusting the radio volume (while activated) and still no beeps. I found the beeps useful. Is there a way to bring the beeps back? In the idrive menu for PDC, it only has a check box for pdc display in the idrive screen or not (I checked and unchecked the box, still no beeps). Before I head to a dealer, Anyone else have any ideas of how to have the audio portion of PDC return?

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486

Last edited by chicagolab; 08-13-2006 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagolab
This may sound like a blessing to some, but my PDC (park distance control)stopped beeping when it is activated. I tried adjusting the radio volume (while activated) and still no beeps. I found the beeps useful. Is there a way to bring the beeps back? In the idrive menu for PDC, it only has a check box for pdc display in the idrive screen or not (I checked and unchecked the box, still no beeps). Before I head to a dealer, Anyone else have any ideas of how to have the audio portion of PDC return?
A. When you are adjusting the volume is anything in the sensor's range. That is, is there yellow or red showing on the display? Maybe you're adjusting it when there's nothing to adjust.
B. Does your stereo work? If the volume control on the radio is pushed in, there won't be any sound coming out.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
A. When you are adjusting the volume is anything in the sensor's range. That is, is there yellow or red showing on the display? Maybe you're adjusting it when there's nothing to adjust.
B. Does your stereo work? If the volume control on the radio is pushed in, there won't be any sound coming out.
A. yes, there was a cement pillar in range (green, yellow and read lit up on the idrive dislay)

B. stereo works fine, when I adjusted the volume up and down the song being played just went up or down accordingly

Thanks for helping me try to figure this out, I started the car after having it sit for a while and now it is working again. When the problem happened, I turned the car on and off and it still was not working.

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 03:55 AM   #4
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Radio volume doesn't affect pdc volume... take it to the dealer, sounds like something went bad... you've looked into your memory settings (where you would set which doors lock/unlock, daytime lights, 3x blinker, etc) and there's no pdc options, right? hmm...

Matt
Appreciate 0