E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "Unjailbraking" iPhone fixes 6FL Problem!

06-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
jdmass
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive35i

"Unjailbraking" iPhone fixes 6FL Problem!

I had posted on an older thread about problems with my iPhone 3G working with the 6FL (ipod USB+Aux) option.

Basically, about 50% of the time when I would connect my iPhone, although recognized by the iDrive, the song list would not download. Also, the iPhone would often not charge. I tried different cables, but the problem persisted.

Well, I recently un-Jailbroke my phone for unrelated reasons, and thing have improved dramatically. For those unfamiliar with iPhones, "Jailbreaking" is the process that extends iPhone functionality to enable more customization and the loading of applications not sanctioned by Apple. I had done it to run an application that allowed me to tether my laptop to the iPhone (essentially using the phone as a broadband modem). I recently got a broadband card for my laptop and so I no longer needed this and restored my phone to its original state.

Immediately I found the phone to operate faster -- much more responsive, quicker to load.

In addition, it seems that its behavior with the BMW has also improved. In the week since I've done it, I have not had the song list download problem. I think the jury is still out on the charging issue because it typically manisfested itself when the phone was below 50% charge. It seems to charge consistently now, but I don't have enough "low charge" data points to confirm that it is fixed.

Now, its possible that simply restoring the phone from scratch fixed things and the un-jailbreaking is a red herring, but I suspect otherwise.

Any other iphone users who are having integration problems have jailbroken phones?
Previous BMWs: 2000 528i, 2003 540i, 2007 335i Sedan, 2009 335i Sedan, 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Thanks for the post. My unaltered 3G will some times have problem charging if it's below 20% battery life.
Appreciate 0