E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Does anyone know the manufacturer of 335i's ECU...?

08-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
JeremyBlackwell
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supra & (soon) two 335i

Does anyone know the manufacturer of 335i's ECU...?

Hi everyone, first time poster here on the forums! Does anyone know what company/brand (Bosch Motronic, etc) makes the ECU hardware for the upcoming 335i twin turbo? Or for that matter, any information at all on the 335i ECU or any other currently existing BMW ECU? I am wondering for ECU tuning (EEPROM flashing) reasons...

I am happy BMW decided to bring the 335i to the USA! I read about it a while back, but it was said to only be sold in Europe. But, a week ago I read of their release here. We do a lot of work with 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbos, and these cars appear to be similar in several respects! I can't wait to dig into one...

Founder, www.300zxClub.com...Over 59,000+ members and growing
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

audi/vw uses AMD
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBlackwell
Hi everyone, first time poster here on the forums! Does anyone know what company/brand (Bosch Motronic, etc) makes the ECU hardware for the upcoming 335i twin turbo? Or for that matter, any information at all on the 335i ECU or any other currently existing BMW ECU? I am wondering for ECU tuning (EEPROM flashing) reasons...

I am happy BMW decided to bring the 335i to the USA! I read about it a while back, but it was said to only be sold in Europe. But, a week ago I read of their release here. We do a lot of work with 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbos, and these cars appear to be similar in several respects! I can't wait to dig into one...
Welcome Jeremy! I can't wait for you guys to dig in either and see what you come up with. I bet e90fleet knows the answer to your question off the top of his head.
Appreciate 0