BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

05-14-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Anthony-NJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Extended Maintenance

Hi i'm new to this board, but i have a question and not sure if its worth to followup with BMW NA.
I have a 2003 M3 coupe which warranty expired in 07. I opted for the 2 year extended which brought me to 09.

I just went to a new dealership for a ECU update and they told me i needed a few items done which would of been covered if i did it 2 months ago, brake fluid, oil change, etc. Anyway, i went to my old dealership dealership back in Auguest of 08 and they refused to look at my car due to aftermarket pullys, however never mentioned once that i needed an oil change or anything.

I thought you would be called in when maintenance is due. I don't normally drive the car. I must put on 800 - 1000 miles a year on the car, but i'm sure it should of been performed on the vehicle. I'm just realy PO'd that now i have to dish out lik 400 bucks for something i should of gotten when i payed 2500 for the maintenance. A nother words they got another 2900 bucks out of me for a 62000 car.

Do you think its worth a call to BMW and complain about this poor extended maintenance service? I used to get called in for oil changes in the past and now nothing.
Thanks for your advice.
Appreciate 0