BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

05-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

pacific raceways tomorrow

first track day in my e90 m3 tomorrow. too bad its gonna rain all day but at least my stock ps2's will be good for that. just finished putting a protective front film on for the day, got my tires to the right psi, lowered the power steering fluid level, torqued the wheels and removed every bit of extra weight. the start of another addiction?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-10-2009 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
... the start of another addiction?

No doubt.
      05-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

well i think im hooked. wow what an experience. our cars are amazing on the track. granted our class size for the proformance race school was small, but my car was easily the fastest most capable vehicle of the bunch. i got passed by a heavily modified s2000 once but we wont count that. i passed every one else multipe times. the begining of the the lapping sessions was done in the rain and the track was dry by the end of the day. gave a real chance to learn the track under difficult conditions then get faster as it dried out. saw 130 at the end of the front straight, which seemed pretty good to me for a first time out on my stock ps2's. ended up driving the entire day with dsc on as directed by my instructor. really didnt find it that intrusive at all. i knew it was coming on in a lot of sections of the course, but not bad at all. the returning lappers ended up having an eventful day as 3 fairly serious crashes occured. a boxster hit both sides of the front straight barriers and ended up on top of the cement barrier when he came to a rest. crazy. just cant wait for my next track day. need to work on being smoother with my steering, braking and, throttle inputs and really get the line grooved into my head. so much fun!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Be doubly careful on your next outing. It's easy for our confidence to get ahead of our skills. Start slow again and build up all over. Don't start where you left off, but take a step or two back and move forward again.

Don't forget to concentrate 110%. As you saw, a short lapse can have very dire and expensive consequences. Invest in the track insurance and have fun.

Dave
      05-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

thanks for the advice. what you laid out is what i plan to do. im definitely not overconfident. i know my skill set needs a lot of work but man what fun. i picked up a card for a company that does track insurance and am going to look into that today.

Appreciate 0