E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I Hate Town + Country... for toronto people...

05-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
j4yyy
Owned by Mod Bug
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi (in process of mods)

I Hate Town + Country... for toronto people...

So today i brought my car in because i was having problems with my brakes; the rear right break sounded like the e-brake was always up. so i told them to check it because i tested it out myself and with a few friends, and we all heard and came to the conclusion that it was the rear right brake. (2 uncertified mechanics, and 3 car fanatics)

Response from Town + Country: Hey, this is ***** from Town+Country BMW. you reported that you had a brake problem?
Me: Yup, did you guys manage to find out the problem?
T+C: Well, there are no problems with it, we road tested it, and it seems the only problem is the front brakes.
Me: I know the front brakes are going to go soon, but can you do something about the rear brakes? it doesn't make sense that they're screeching since i changed them about a month ago.
T+C: Well, there aren't any problems there, but you really should change your front brakes.
Me: You're not.... telling me anything. I know about the front brakes.
T+C: So you're not going to do the front brakes yet?
Me: No, I've got that under control. Thanks.
T+C: Okay, we'll call you when your car is ready. Have a great day.
Me: You still haven't told me anything about my rear brakes. you said you road tested them, but i said when it rolls in neutral slowly it squeels.
T+C: They were tested and have no problems. Have a great day.
(end of conversation)

no where do i see them really telling me what the problem is when i specifically told them it was the rear brakes, nor did i hear of any real testing done on the brakes... hmmm....sounds like a scam to me.

I hate town + country...

Feel free to post stories about T+C! Or you could also help me! I really need to get that service rep fired cause he is really pissing me off. He tried to charge me $60 just to lift and check the car when i was in my 4th month of owning the car and my first set of brakes were screeching.
      05-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
rc_N54
none
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

is his name andrew?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
I know ppl who had also bad experience with the stupid dealership. In fact multiple visits and service always shit. I know two ppl who go there for check ups or other problems and they always complain. I had bad experience with the sale department last year myself.
Ill go this week to shop for a car and on purpose gonna bust their balls.

ps they ask you do give them good rating when u buy the car but when it comes to service they forget know who you are. I think my friend had to call bmw canada and complain
      05-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
rc_N54
none
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I had an incident where i took my car in for an oil change/tune up @ town and country bmw. It took 4 hours, then finally they called me and told me to go pick it up.

As soon as i got into my car and turned on the engine, the engine light and oil light came up immediately. So i went back inside and look for the service manager who took car of my car.

He said they'll take care of it and let them take my car in for a quick look. Took another two hours.

Car finally came back out. As i switched on the engine again. Same shit...! wtf So i went back inside and asked what was the issue and why isnt the issue been solved.

This is what he said..(Andrew) "oh the mechanic who did you're oil change didnt top any oil up after the oil change." And i replied, "so there's no oil inside". Andrew replied, " no!, but if you go over to the shell and buy a couple of bottles of oil and bring it back, we'll be more than happy to help you put it in.

Like what da fk, you guys made me wait for another two hours for you guys to find out the problem. After you guys found the problem, you guys didn't go jack shiet to resolve it. Instead of telling me to go buy my own oil. Why da hell would I need you guys to put it in for me. Do i look like a dumb fck to them who dosent' know how to top my oil? What da fk kinda customer service is this. My car is under full bumper to bumper warranty at the time! ridiculous shit.

I fully don't recommend any bmw owners to go service at Town and Country Bmw. They suck shit
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
go to parkview...they'll address your issue
      05-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

I had bad experiences at T&C. First with their sales but this is back in 2004. I was in the mood to pick up a 330Ci ZHP and wanted to test drive one. The guy said he'll let me test drive only if I'm serious about buying it. So like f*ck that, my friend and I just drove downtown to Toronto BMW and bought the car the same day. Then came the service, I went there just because it's close to my place. So one day the electronics in the car totally shut down but the car was still drivable. So since T&C is close by I took it there for them to take a look and the SA told me to leave the car for them to look at. So after 3 hours the guy called me and said my car is ready and told me that it'll cost around $400. I asked him what was done and why isn't it covered under warranty. The dumb f*ck said he don't know and the mechanics didn't really do anything. They blamed that it might be the after market CD changer that I put in that cause the shutdown. The service manager said there's nothing he can do, WTF.

Now I made the stupid mistake of giving them another chance and bought my new ride there because my friend bought his 335 there and said the sales guy was great. So I gave them another chance and the sales guy gave me a pretty good deal. Hope I don't regret my decision but so far so good. I bought my car in for an oil top up and this old guy came out to take my car. The guy don't even know how to check the oil level and said the car is fine. I told him to check the oil indicator and he didn't know how to get around the iDrive, wtf. He popped the hood to look at some stuff and when he closed it it didn't close properly and the guy was like forcing it down with his hands. One of the mechanic there did give me a bottle of oil for top up though.

I would say mail or email the CEO of T&C when this shit happens and hope that will better the place. Those asses there are just too damn arrogant.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Can't say I have any experience with their service dep't since I haven't even got my car yet, but so far the sales experience has been great (should be getting my car later this month).

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Me: I know the front brakes are going to go soon, but can you do something about the rear brakes? it doesn't make sense that they're screeching since i changed them about a month ago.

If your rear brakes were originally serviced by Town and Country, they should fix that problem.

If you had it done by another shop, you might want to bring it back to them to get that fixed.
      05-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Well my experience isn't really bad but....
I got a great deal on my car back in '07. The salesman was very good with me and my constant e-mails on where my car was during the delivery process. Finally the day came to pick up my car and I go in to get it and they tell me my salesman no longer works there. Weird thing is I talked to him maybe 2 days prior and he mentioned nothing. In the end the guy that delivered me my car was excellent. Yoga Warren is his name. I've talked to him since and can't say anything bad. I bring my car to Mississauga BMW for service cuz it's much closer.

P.S. They did throw in some free swag because of the salesman issue. A BMW polo shirt, a nice leather bound pad of paper and BMW pen and of course the free floor mats.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
rocketm
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 Sapphire Black

I had that problem with rear wheel squeaking before. When I brought it in to T+C, the advisor came back saying didn't hear any sqeak. I asked him to check multiple times but he didn't seem to care. On one weekday I hear the wheel squeak again, I immediately drove to T+C to let him or someone see it. I got a hold of the service manager and he sat in my car for a drive. He heard everything with the noise squeaking. After we are back to the T+C shop, I asked him to help me book an apointment and stated that he heard everything and know it's the problem wit the rear wheel. This is to ensure the advisor would not try to make excuse and not helping me to get the mechanic to replace the brake pad/rotor. The day of the appointment, I stated clearly that I test drove with his manager and everything has been confirmed and need a replacement. At that point in time, he has nothing to say but to get the mechanic to fix and change the defective part.

I am not sure why the advisor not wanting to fix the car for us. Is there a lost in $$$ to them or him/herself if replacing car parts for us? I mean we have full bumper to bumper warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Aren't brakes wear and tear parts? I think it's only covered for the "adjustment period" - 1 year?
      05-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Poor service from T&C is legendary. I don't understand why this information does not get back to the owner. What is the use of landing customers with good deals if they won't come back because of mistreatment in the service department?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

T&C has been pretty good with me? Sales guy, SA's and all of them!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #14
laziemofo
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

TC is a joke!!!!!.... i serviced my first e46 there and i clearly told them not to clean my car and they did anyways...anywho they put some acid crap on my rims and just destroyed the finish on my 3 week old HREs.

another incident, which was part my fault.... i was in a hurry to pick up my car so i didnt check my car thoroughly after they serviced it. I drove off the lot to the gas station across the street and discovered there was a huge arse dent on my passenger door. I drove back to TC within 10minutes and they said tough shiet and it was my fault.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
m3_sj
Rep
Drives: e46 03 M3

quite honestly, this is why I stay clear of bmw dealerships. Their tuning and diagnoses experience is poor. My car is only touched by RMPmotors. Even if its warranty or tsb work done, I prefer to pay and have piece of mind :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
jiroj.amaralikit
BM
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Where is this TC dealership?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiroj.amaralikit View Post
Where is this TC dealership?
Markham, Ontario. Hwy 7 and Kennedy.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #18
trickydisco
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by laziemofo View Post
there was a huge arse dent on my passenger door. I drove back to TC within 10minutes and they said tough shiet and it was my fault.
Yes you should have the rep confirm intital condition, and then you
verify final condition before you leave the dealership.

Depending upon how they said tough shiit would determine if they
get a brick in the window that evening. I'm serious. I'm a vindictive bastard.

Barrington
2006 330i sedan TiAg
1998 Porsche 911 C2S
1969 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #19
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
go to parkview...they'll address your issue
Yeah right. I've been there numerous times for squealing rear brakes at a slow roll or when lightly depressed. Got nothing but text book, bullshit answers from them. As you know, I've been driving BMW that sounds like a city bus with the past 25k.

OP, good luck getting your brake issue dealt with anywhere. You're going to need it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #20
Hedges
Major General
Rep

That SA took you for a ride lol I wouldve been firm with him
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #21
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Yeah right. I've been there numerous times for squealing rear brakes at a slow roll or when lightly depressed. Got nothing but text book, bullshit answers from them. As you know, I've been driving BMW that sounds like a city bus with the past 25k.

OP, good luck getting your brake issue dealt with anywhere. You're going to need it.
they addressed it, no? didnt they even replace your brakes? at least they tried
      05-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
Hedges
Major General
Rep

I dont understand why you werent firm!

Make him accountable, tell him when you arrive and there is still a problem than this bill will be averted to xxxxx SA name. Why does it make sound? why does some make this sound and some doesnt? tell him to write it down so next time when warranty work or any problem your not liable for it. Make him accountable and i'm sure he'll take care of you but you have to put your foot down or he's going to say shiet just to get you off the phone which sounds like what he did right now.
Appreciate 0