E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > hub/wheel rust

04-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

hub/wheel rust

I tried posting this question on another thread but i don't think any1 looks at it anymore

k, i have rust on the wheel hub and the inside of my wheels (230)...its more obvious since summer is here...i've already searchd this site and the best option was to remove the wheel, sand the hub, paint it etc...howevr i don't have time to remove each wheel and do this..so is there a way to remove the rust off the hub w/o removing the wheel..i'm not worried bout the part where the wheels are bolted to the hub (hub face) but the outside circumference that is visible through the wheel...have some rust on the inside part of some the wheels too and mind u i can reach it without removing the wheel...i guess wat i'm trying to say is what is a good/safe chemical or product to use to remove the rust on the hub with wheel on and the inside part of the wheel...

Also there is sum rust on the brake calipers too...thnx guys
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

I don't think there's a way to clean it without removing the wheels. There's more rust inside and that's just going to spread again quickly.

You'll spend more time trying to get in between the spokes of your wheels to clean it than to jack it up and then clean it without the wheel attached.

I clean my hubs and wheels (lots of brake dust on the wheels usually) when I change my tires for the winter or from winters to summers. If you keep up the cleaning regularly, it makes it easier each time.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

thnx mann..yea i shuld've done it when i switched over to summers
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
jeho
ig: jeffersonho
Finland