E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Question about Swissvax (pre-wax)cleaner...

04-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
g0at23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i coupe M-sport

Question about Swissvax (pre-wax)cleaner...

If I wax my car ounce a month, and I have to use the cleaner prior to waxing... will it eat away at the paint like polishing/claying? Or is this a differnent type of product that will be safe on my paint?
      04-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
FiveSouth
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0at23 View Post
If I wax my car ounce a month, and I have to use the cleaner prior to waxing... will it eat away at the paint like polishing/claying? Or is this a differnent type of product that will be safe on my paint?
Swissvax makes three different paint cleaners. Which one are you using? The Cleaner Fluid is completely safe and contains no abrasives. The Cleaner Fluid: Medium has a self diminishing abrasive, but it's still very gentle. The Cleaner Fluid: Strong is more abrasive, think Scratch X.

I'm a huge fan of Swissvax wax's. I stock quit a few of them. But for a really good paint cleaner, I recommend P21S Paint Cleaning Lotion.
Appreciate 0