E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > First Post with a Noob L7 question

04-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
jjockey
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

First Post with a Noob L7 question

Short background. Just picked up a used 07 328xi with premium package (but no BT) here in Canada. My first BMW, so I'm still figuring out the packages, and what should be on the car.
I've spent the last month or so reading through various posts, and just want to clarify something. The HU states professional on it, leading me to believe that I didn't have the L7 system, but upon further reading, and digging through the car, I'm thinking that the number of speakers, and the inclusion of the 7 band equalizer points toward the presence of the L7 system. Is there a single defining feature that says for sure whether I do or don't have the L7 system.
Told you it was a noob question
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjockey View Post
Short background. Just picked up a used 07 328xi with premium package (but no BT) here in Canada. My first BMW, so I'm still figuring out the packages, and what should be on the car.
I've spent the last month or so reading through various posts, and just want to clarify something. The HU states professional on it, leading me to believe that I didn't have the L7 system, but upon further reading, and digging through the car, I'm thinking that the number of speakers, and the inclusion of the 7 band equalizer points toward the presence of the L7 system. Is there a single defining feature that says for sure whether I do or don't have the L7 system.
Told you it was a noob question
Yes, that's Logic7.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
jjockey
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Thanx

Sort of changes my planned upgrade path. Looking to bring bluetooth into the fold, but not interested in dropping $1500-2000 for it. Will probably look further at the parrot setups or the Kenwood A300.
Appreciate 0